I'm tired of my truck... give me input on what I should buy...

kenny

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-Bodys are piles of shit, GTO I want, new Camaro not a chance, turbocharging my truck wouldn't fix it being boring.

Thanks for the F-body comment. What is so boring about your truck? Do you want something flashy, or fast, or good handling?

I personally have had 5 S10s and don't mind driving them, but 1 had a 350 in it, and the other nice one was a vortec 4.3. I thought the power was fun in such a light vehicle.

That M3 is giving me a chubby.

As far as parts go...E36 parts are actually really reasonable now unless you really break something big.

My personal opinion is you're gonna really enjoy driving the car but come away from it wishing it had more power. But again, for the money one of the most entertaining, do everything drivers on the road. Every time I drive my brothers I try to buy it off of him. The '96 - '97 cars are the bargains if you can find one in good condition. '95's still tend to hold value pretty well as the OBDI is saught after.

If you want more power in heavier (yet arguably better for DD) package E46 M3's are getting cheaper for the early cars. '01's with mileage are in the mid 20's now...but maintenance will be higher becuase of the solid lifter setup and parts are still quite a bit more expensive for the E46 vs. E36.

Andy

I daily my e36 M3 and enjoy it. It's nice enough that I don't feel like I'm driving a piece of crap around, but it's not so nice that I feel bad driving it every day.

I'm not beating on mine as much as I used to but I've been able to get a consistent 25mpg on a tank. My commute is mostly highway though so that helps.

If you can afford an e46 M3 they're pretty much better in every way, but also more expensive in every way as well, so that's up to you to decide how much you want to spend on a daily.

The e36 M3 is far from fast, but it's still a very fun car to drive.

I daily my e36 M3 and enjoy it. It's nice enough that I don't feel like I'm driving a piece of crap around, but it's not so nice that I feel bad driving it every day.

I'm not beating on mine as much as I used to but I've been able to get a consistent 25mpg on a tank. My commute is mostly highway though so that helps.

If you can afford an e46 M3 they're pretty much better in every way, but also more expensive in every way as well, so that's up to you to decide how much you want to spend on a daily.

The e36 M3 is far from fast, but it's still a very fun car to drive.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Kenny, it's a good thing you're vertically challenged. I love the e36 M3 but it was a bit small for me.

It would be an amazing DD...my only suggestion would be to purchase a set of winter rims with blizzaks. My 540i does just fine in the winter with the traction control off and snow tires.

Let me know if you get it...I wouldnt mind some spirited driving. ;)

-Marc

As far as parts go...E36 parts are actually really reasonable now unless you really break something big.

My personal opinion is you're gonna really enjoy driving the car but come away from it wishing it had more power. But again, for the money one of the most entertaining, do everything drivers on the road. Every time I drive my brothers I try to buy it off of him. The '96 - '97 cars are the bargains if you can find one in good condition. '95's still tend to hold value pretty well as the OBDI is saught after.

If you want more power in heavier (yet arguably better for DD) package E46 M3's are getting cheaper for the early cars. '01's with mileage are in the mid 20's now...but maintenance will be higher becuase of the solid lifter setup and parts are still quite a bit more expensive for the E46 vs. E36.

Andy

Sounds exactly like what I want. :cool:

Marc - way ahead of you on the Blizzaks. That was my first thought for winter driving.

You can't possibly consider your A4 is in the same class of driving as the 346 M3 or the e39 M5.

-Marc

i spanked them both...

but no, my body style came out in 1996, obviously outdated. Not to mention the M3 is a 2 door sports car where mine is a 4 door grocery getter.

You have obviously never driven one. :rolleyes:

Go back to your hole Audi boy.

-Marc

Believe me, I'm not dogging the car, more being a smartass. That is about the most fun you can have with 240hp no joke. Car is an amazing toy especially as a daily. I'm just an awd addict.

Those cars take to a mild turbo kit very well Kenny.