Anyone Have a good scanner?? cylinder misfire 98 Malibu 3100 v6

CJINOHIO03

Oh, I know nothing a Drewtech. They don't make a #RFT290 that is J2534-1, 2, and 3 compliant :rolleyes: Your info is wrong too, many more make reflahers. Only 3 are really reliable. The Navigator was designed not to let techs go to many sites.

Pathfinder is getting outdated and won't be around much longer. Like I said, future, son.

Go on if you would like. I'll see if I can hear you when I'm sitting 30 ft away holding my scan tool still reading my graphs in real time. I just don't like being teathered to a car I guess.

Thats funny, Drewtech makes the Cardaq (passthrough pro II) which is OEM validated, ironicaly enough I don't see the pegysis on any manufactures websites. Check it out yourself. http://www.motorcraft.com

Before you go touting the wireless you should do some research on how well thats worked out for shops who have bought the units. Seriously, do reasearch.

Why limit what the techs can do? Ohhh, because it's a closed Linux system. They have limited access through a SPX server and Identifix at an additional cost.

Shame they can't look at Shopkey5 online, Mitchells online, or Alldata online like on the Verus, or ever write RO's from their managment software right on the tool.

Have you even used a Verus? If you havent then there is no point in going on.

I guess you're getting just like the Snap-off distributors. Overly cocky about over priced tools?

No, I have no problem admiting shortcomings. I've spent a lot of time with both of these tools in the last few months, not read about, spent time with. The Verus is hands down a better tool.

CJ, take your car to a shop, your not going to find the fix over the internet.

Cardaq and Navigator have absolutely zero to do with each other. I am more than aware of what the Cardaq Plus does. Interestingly enough, we carry it with a number I gave in this thread.

Just to clear things up on that point.

Cardaq and Navigator have absolutely zero to do with each other. I am more than aware of what the Cardaq Plus does. Interestingly enough, we carry it with a number I gave in this thread.

Just to clear things up on that point.

The Cardaq plus IS the passthrough pro II, we have different software that makes finding the downloads at the OEM's website easier.

The Cardaq plus IS the passthrough pro II, we have different software that makes finding the downloads at the OEM's website easier.

OMFG CRAZY!!!111!!

The Cardaq Plus IS the RFT290. Isn't that crazy?

Yeah how about one or both of you guys bring your scanners and scan my car. You can settle your show down that way? By showing your skills and equipment. CJ

If I had the time I'd be happy to bring out a Mentor. I somehow doubt the likely hood of me making it out of the building with the new guy.

Well ND2RACE came over today car is only running 20 psi fuel pressure at idle. So since I changed the filter I guess that pretty much means the pump is done. What kind of pump should I get?

I should have checked the regulator when I was there, but I am still pretty sure on the pump. You have PM.

yeah I am trying to figure what to do. I really dont want to dump 500.00 bucks or more in it. It can be worth that much with rust and 200k. I am not keeping the car that long but need it running to get rid of it. Is a junk yard one worth the hassle?

Well ND2RACE came over today car is only running 20 psi fuel pressure at idle. So since I changed the filter I guess that pretty much means the pump is done. What kind of pump should I get?

before you fualt the pump pinch off the return line and see if the pressure rises if it does you may just have a bad fpr its not common but check it before you replace the pump.

I would purchase a delphi pump or go straight to the deale and get oem everything else out right now is china junk you'll have to change every six months

ohh and why don't one of you badass tool reps hook me up with a demo scanner so I don't have to drop 10g's on your junk for a year or two.... ;)

• 4 weeks later...