Anyone got a way to get rid of this?

Buck531

I get this amount of shit every day. Same thing.. Canadian pharmacy. what pisses me off is that I don't use this email account for much of anything other than online banking and paypal.

I've tried to setup filters and spam shit from Outlook but it's not working.

I've also tried to turn off the automatic receipts of emails but that hasn't done shit either.

http://bucky.kicks-ass.net/stuff/spam.jpg

Outlook? There's your problem right there. Most of the people I know never use it, and a lot of them would love to be able to completely erase it from their drives.

Thanks for not helping. I've used it for years. I just want to get rid of the shit I get.

It's not outlook. I have other email accounts (yahoo) that get full of shit every day.

NO! Don't install ANYTHING Norton! It's worse than the viruses. Seriously, it took my Dad six months and a Format:C to get rid of that shit.

OK so my system running it and cutting down on the spam e-mails must be a fluke. I has no system problems. I even run norton antivirus corporate edition.

NO! Don't install ANYTHING Norton! It's worse than the viruses. Seriously, it took my Dad six months and a Format:C to get rid of that shit.

LOL, what's your suggestion then? I've used Norton since around '95 and I find it's superior to most other Antivirus softwares.

Oh, incase your dad didn't know.. Norton supplies people with an Unistall software that helps you clean out your registry of Norton keys, how could it possibly take 6 months or even a format?

Oh, and to answer the OP's answer.. get rid of Outlook, it's spam filter is terrible. Regardless of what you do, even in Yahoo, you're going to get spam.. face it. Gmail seems to be the best as far as filters go, might want to look into it.

LOL, what's your suggestion then? I've used Norton since around '95 and I find it's superior to most other Antivirus softwares.

Oh, incase your dad didn't know.. Norton supplies people with an Unistall software that helps you clean out your registry of Norton keys, how could it possibly take 6 months or even a format?

That uninstall was a big part of the problem. It left Norton files and weird little applets all over the computer that interfered with the installation of new antivirus software. He tried to reinstall and run the uninstall again, and it fucked up the computer even worse. Several services told him they couldn't do jack shit, the registry was corrupted beyond repair by leftovers from Norton. The consensus was that it was caused by one of the many viruses designed specifically to attack Norton itself.

Finally, he copied off what he could of the uncorrupted data, and wiped he whole damn thing.

He's not the only one who has gone through a nightmare like that. Google around for Norton complaints.

If you need a non-anonymous account for signing up for services, get one through your IP, and set it to allow in only senders in your address book.

Then get a Yahoo account for everything else. You might get the occasional spam, but it does a pretty good job of keeping it out of your inbox.

That uninstall was a big part of the problem. It left Norton files and weird little applets all over the computer that interfered with the installation of new antivirus software. He tried to reinstall and run the uninstall again, and it fucked up the computer even worse. Several services told him they couldn't do jack shit, the registry was corrupted beyond repair by leftovers from Norton. The consensus was that it was caused by one of the many viruses designed specifically to attack Norton itself.

Finally, he copied off what he could of the uncorrupted data, and wiped he whole damn thing.

He's not the only one who has gone through a nightmare like that. Google around for Norton complaints.

I'm aware of the Norton deal, which is why they released their additional software for Uninstalling. I've dealt with it personally, and it has worked fine for me every time. It sounds like your dad had more going on in his computer than he was aware of. You can't base your judgement of Norton on a single experience such as that one..

You can't base your judgement of Norton on a single experience such as that one..

I can introduce you to a guy on the Bonneville Club that is going through this shit as we speak, and like I said, hit Google, and you'll find hundreds, if not thousands, of people with similar experiences.

I'm aware of the Norton deal, which is why they released their additional software for Uninstalling. I've dealt with it personally, and it has worked fine for me every time. It sounds like your dad had more going on in his computer than he was aware of.

When you run the uninstall, them run it again, then get an updated uninstaller and fail again, there's something massively wrong. And by the time he gave up and formatted the damn thing after moving everything recoverable off, there was very little left on the computer except Windows itself and Norton. Any viruses that would have fucked it up like that, well, shouldn't Norton have caught them in the first place?

I've been running AVG for two years now, and I've never had an instant's trouble with it. I do torrents, filesharing, and I'm on so many forums I can't keep track. I've never had an infection, never had a threat it couldn't remove, never had a crash or freeze.

My mother used her PC for very few things. One, she has an Irish and Scottish music collection that beggared the original HD(90% ripped from CDs, tape, and LPs), two, she's on Ebay constantly, and three, she does research on Monarch butterflies. These aren't exactly high-risk behavior and the computer ran perfectly up until the day they decided to switch to a different antivirus. When they tried to uninstall Norton, the computer started to self destruct.

Same thing happened to my friend on the Bonneville club. Computer ran fine until he tried to change antiviruses away from Norton.

After hearing a ton of nearly identical horror stories about Norton, I've come to the conclusion that it has some sort of self-destruct built into it.