ZO6 Mark or Jason

Sam1647545489

Good times for your first time out.

As far as stock car/stock tires. The Record is like a 10.8 or something like that.

I went 11.7@124 the 2nd day I owned mine (bone stock) and I couldn't drive it yet. A little more seat time and you'll get those times down considerably. Mark went 11.37 on stock tires with just a K&N. Wait till it gets a little cooler... you'll be flying!! :)

On stock tires with the same mods Cavin had, i got consistant 11.3/11.4's, but found it to be rather inconsistant because your really trying to push it and there is a fine line between traction, bogging, or spinning. Which is why I went with the nittos. While my 60's averaged out to be within .01 between nittos and stock tires, I had much less scrapped passes with the nittos.

Get drag radials, nobody gives a shit what you can do on stock tires. It makes the car more fun to drive, more consistant, and allows you to really dial in your driving. Just my .02 cents :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get drag radials, nobody gives a shit what you can do on stock tires. It makes the car more fun to drive, more consistant, and allows you to really dial in your driving. Just my .02 cents :)

I know the car should have drag radials on it, but to say it is a 10 sec car on stock street tires is pretty bad ass if you ask me. I think he is goin to pick up Marks old drag setup and we will see what it does then. Anyone wanna take a guess?

I went 12.5 in it on my first and only pass. I have never driven a Z06 befor so it was quite rather fun taking a $70+k car down the track your budy let you drive and trust you make it to the end with out destroying it.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/45/l_22b180b8de2e48908104c5786eec0bec.jpg

The car Def has way more in it hopefully I can make a pass on drag radials...

BTW I think Kenny and Cavin should have a heart to heart boxing match I sometimes wonder if you two are married....

The records are broken down into categories...

BONE stock on stock tires (you can't even have an air filter)

1----10.981 @ 128.90--1.77---jamie furman ------'06. -----Details

Stock on DR's (completely stock car and tune and paper filter with DR's) Record

1--10.831 @ 130.05--1.70---jamie furman ------'06. -----Details

Bolt On's without internal modifications(once you add an air filter you go into this category)

1---10.764 @129.77--1.56---07WhiteDevilZ------'07 -----Details

Internal Engine Mods plus Bolt-Ons

1--10.525 @132.71--1.57---07WhiteDevilZ------'07 -------Details

Power Adders (Nitrous, Turbo, Supercharger)

1---9.218 @158.20--1.46---atomicfusion -----'07.-----Details

You can find the links to each run at corvetteforum.com in the c6z section under fast list.

I went 11.34 stock on stock tires with a fucking K&N air filter and no tune so the DQ'd my run as stock on stock tires. I also would have been in the top ten of each category if I had posted them all, but the fastest of the fastest is the only one I was really concearned with.

Great runs Cavin and Sam, more will come! Check out Ranger's launch technics, they make the car leave well (although you can't get much better than 1.7 on stock tires)

I was in the 1.7's on stock tires as well, and it takes some coaxing.

Have you read Ranger's post on how to launch a C6? Here it is:

Before doing launches at the track, you need to turn off Traction Control.

You want the setting that allows wheel spin but retain Active Handling or Stability Control.

In a C5 Corvette you want to be in Competitive Driving mode.

In a C6 Corvette you want to be in Traction System Off mode.

Other platforms will have different descriptive settings.

Lower your stock rear tire pressure to about 25 psi (hot).

The exact pressure varies by platform, tire model, and track conditions. The goal is to remove 15-20% of the air, again "hot."

This will increase the size of the tire's contact patch with the launch surface and cushion the shock to the drive line on launch and shifts.

I recommend a launch procedure with three deliberate elements that are inter-related and must be coordinated.

(1) the launch rpm

(2) the clutch release

(3) the throttle squeeze

Hold the launch rpm and then quickly but smoothly release the clutch with full engagement occurring over the first 3-10 feet of forward movement, depending on conditions.

Don't feed more throttle until the tires are hooked.

Then and only then, squeeze the throttle progressively to the floor.

Drag radials will take throttle quicker than stock tires but even on DRs it's still a "squeezing" action rather that just "hammering it" to the floor in one movement.

The goal is getting a bit of wheel spin which gives way to a rapid rise in engine rpm, rather than a bog. If it bogs, raise the launch rpm a few hundred on the next time. If it spins too much, lower the launch rpm a few hundred on the next pass.

Finally, it takes seat time and passes to embed the techniques in muscle memory and learn to read what surface conditions dictate on any particular day.

I urge avoiding the classic launch error: engaging the clutch and hammering the throttle simultaneously.

We did this. I lowered the tires to 20 psi cold. The rest is common sense. We already beat the stock 60' record and with alittle more weight in the rear I think it can be dropped alot more. If it doesnt rain this saturday we are goin to try it at D42. If track prep is good it should be no problem.

Date night tonight? Call me.

XOXO

I took this thread to Spice with me last night and showed it to three girls; two of the three later decided to have sex with me, and the third one had sex with my laptop.

I do not go out with cheaters. But since you hair is so amazing I will make an exception. And here is a picture that has nothing to do with this thread

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/ls2sam/coolsitupshideaboner.gif