What's better - Mustangs or Camaros?

fictionwriter

This could get heated, but I wanted to start this thread because I kinda always wish I had a Mustang instead of my Camaro.

Just by reputation, Mustangs are faster stock, more dependable, have more mods available cheaper and come with better paint jobs from the factory. I would like to know what everyone thinks about this. Comparing both the v6's and v8's.

I would definatly trade my camaro for a 93 or 94 mustang v6 - at least I THINK that's the body style I like.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could get heated, but I wanted to start this thread because I kinda always wish I had a Mustang instead of my Camaro.

Just by reputation, Mustangs are faster stock, more dependable, have more mods available cheaper and come with better paint jobs from the factory. I would like to know what everyone thinks about this. Comparing both the v6's and v8's.

I would definatly trade my camaro for a 93 or 94 mustang v6 - at least I THINK that's the body style I like.

93 is the cut off year for the fox body. 94 starts new body. Growing up my dad had and still has a black 89 5liter notchback mustang... So I have some experience here. Stock Lt1's and Ls1's are definitely faster than 5.0 liter mustangs especially the 94-95 body. I have to admit that we never had any major problems with the mustang. So I agree on reliability. But I feel you have to mod mustangs more to get some bang. Just my oppinion here.

LOL @ this thread.

Mustangs are faster? LOL. Not until the Terminators.

Mustangs are more reliable? Dude, the 3.8 in the Mustang was a fucking boat anchor.

Aftermarkets are very similar, it just depends on the generation, engine, etc.

I too own a 1992 Camaro RS, and I would NEVER trade it for a '94 V6 Mustang. What are you smoking?

LOL @ this thread.

Mustangs are faster? LOL. Not until the Terminators.

Mustangs are more reliable? Dude, the 3.8 in the Mustang was a fucking boat anchor.

Aftermarkets are very similar, it just depends on the generation, engine, etc.

I too own a 1992 Camaro RS, and I would NEVER trade it for a '94 V6 Mustang. What are you smoking?

Man, I HAVE to know... why not? Why is it so crazy? I'm just going from what I've heard, I'd be happy to be set straight... so set me straight! It's a lot easier for me to just keep the car I have.

Ehh I didn't know yours was a 3.1, for whatever reason I assumed you had a 305. I guess if you wanted to trade for another V6 it makes a little more sense now, but personally I would never want a V6 Mustang.

You can buy a well-built SBC 350 for really cheap, and the swap can be done in a weekend. Since you have a V6 car more stuff will be involved and it won't get done in a day, but it isn't too hard.

Here we fucking go again with this Ford vs Chevy, Mustang vs Camaro my grand fathers opinion vs your grand fathers opinion bullshit. Both makes and models have had their years. Google the shit and you'll get your answer. It's a personal opinion that people have towards these cars and you will never get a real answer. Move the fuck on...

Third gen parts are a dime a dozen too.

If you would like to learn more about your car and the potential it has, thirdgen.org has all the info you'll need :cool:

I've been on thirdgen.org for quite some time. My brother is on here, has great things to say about it.

Ehh I didn't know yours was a 3.1, for whatever reason I assumed you had a 305. I guess if you wanted to trade for another V6 it makes a little more sense now, but personally I would never want a V6 Mustang.

You can buy a well-built SBC 350 for really cheap, and the swap can be done in a weekend. Since you have a V6 car more stuff will be involved and it won't get done in a day, but it isn't too hard.

Where could I get an engine like this?

actually, i still wouldnt even trade a 3.1 for 94-98 V6 mustang. 3.1's are rated at 140 hp and the ford 3.8 in those years was only 145.

I would say from personal experiences (half my family are ford fanatics and the rest are GM) that reliabilty on both are about the same. Both built great great drive trains.

For power, i dont know much about 3rd gen f-bodies power wise, but i would assume they were about the same as mustangs. I think the last 5.0 fox's had like 225 hp. If you start getting into later years though, GM just plain out owns ford (except terminators lol). From 94-98 the V6 stangs were rated at only 145 hp and the GT's from 94-97 were 215, then up to 225 for 98. In 99-04 the GT's were rated at 260 and the V6's were about 190. Then they new 05+ ups were rated at 210 for the V6 and 300 for the GT

V6 f-bodies from 93-95 had the 3.4L with 160 hp, then had 200 hp with the 3.8 from 96-02. the LT1 cars were rated about 275 and i think some later ones (WS6, SS maybe?) had 305 hp. The LS1 cars were under rated at 305+.

DINGGGGGG

mustangs are gay

camaros are for gay rednecks

srt4s sucka t life

hondas are the biggest fag mobile

schwins are where its at, ur not the shits untilll you rock the schwinn on a date!!

I kinda agree with you on the third gens being redneck cars. I mostly see dirty rednecks driving beat-up thirgens around Lancaster. I'm just trying to not contribute to the stereotype. I wouldn't even drive mine until I had fixed all exhaust rattles and squeaky shocks etc.