Last Autox of the season.....Fun event!

Dr. Apex

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I had an absolute blast today at my Autodrift event, lol. Ben, it was great meeting you, hopeful I can get you to ride along with me some time to give me some points. Best of 50.9 and worst of 63. JJ your car sounded awesome, Paul you still suck and Ashley you did sweet.

You were close to my times, I was having a fun/difficult controlling that rx7 as it was an ass happy monster when it hit boost.

You also had a nice save at the finish, I though you might take out the timers but you caught it!!

Best I could squeeze out of Sean's MR2 was 52.0 in both directions. Had lots of fun, though. I think my team ended up in 3rd place. Kinda wish we had done some fun runs so that we could drive other people's cars like we used to.

Yea I was bummed too about no fun runs because I was hoping AJ would let me try out his Z06... *hint* *hint* :p

These are my Favorite of you Chad. Look at the cones Flyin. LOL

http://www.incom-racing.com/images/gallery/OvrAutoX11022008/images/dsc_0770.jpg

Looks like Paul on the other side of the course. Bet he has his flashers on trying to let every body know about the crazy driver behind him.

http://www.incom-racing.com/images/gallery/OvrAutoX11022008/images/dsc_0771.jpg

http://www.incom-racing.com/images/gallery/OvrAutoX11022008/images/dsc_0772.jpg

http://www.incom-racing.com/images/gallery/OvrAutoX11022008/images/dsc_0773.jpg

http://www.incom-racing.com/images/gallery/OvrAutoX11022008/images/dsc_0774.jpg

http://www.incom-racing.com/images/gallery/OvrAutoX11022008/images/dsc_0775.jpg

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I had an absolute blast today at my Autodrift event, lol. Ben, it was great meeting you, hopeful I can get you to ride along with me some time to give me some points. Best of 50.9 and worst of 63. JJ your car sounded awesome, Paul you still suck and Ashley you did sweet.

So are you going to race next year at all?

Hell yeah, I have a set of slicks that I need to try out. What about you?

I am definitely autocrossing next year and hopefully get different tires. I'm even thinking about just being in the FS class instead of FSL since it doesn't look like there are many ladies for me to compete against.

Well got down to a 43 and change in the am in the kart - finally got some rear brake bias dialed in the afternoon and went 41.2. Andy got into the 41's in Sean's kart in the morning session. So one FTD each!

Work on those toys this winter and stand by for next year's schedule. I'm sure there will be a drivers school. Get out and get a lot of track time with some good coaching. You'll find you will get "up to speed" much faster for next year.

Great day - too bad we were a little late in starting (Cooper had "Fright Night" the night before so no access to set up the lot) - then a damaged timing cable held us up a bit more - but hey, six runs isn't too bad!

JJ I only hit cones twice but they managed to get 5 pictures of the first and one of the second.

LMAO!! What a great series of shots!! I have a few myself and you just have to laugh at them.

Agreed on the fun runs, but with the late start it cut down the time though I would of had no problem staying another hour for run runs.

We always have a local drivers school every year, it's a great chance to get some instruction and a lot of laps. If the "Evolution" school os available that's the best you can get and if it becomes available I will post up about it.

hmmmm, I want to drive a new vette, just to play with HP again.....

We'll have to get together at the test and tune next year perhaps?

PS - we need MORE karts - go fast cheap!!!!

About how much do you pay for repairs, upgrades, etc? Do you go to any places to practice?

is this a good kart? well for the price

http://columbus.craigslist.org/for/902644166.html

Not really - especially for SCCA (unless you're under age 15). You're really looking for a 125cc shifter kart. You can go with either a motorcycle based motor (best long term cost wise) or an "ICC" motor (purpose built race motor, more power out of the box, more costly for upkeep).

craigslist is the best place to go bargain hunting. Deals can be found - less than $2500 w/some spares, spare wheels and a stand is not out of the question.

About how much do you pay for repairs, upgrades, etc? Do you go to any places to practice?

Practice: you can go to Circleville (7/10 mile kart track just north of town on US23) and run for $15 - all day if you feel like it. There is also a small track just on the other side of Dayton - I here it's only $5. A little farther out is New Castle, IN - state of the art facility, haven't heard a cost for practice days.

Operating costs: 110 leaded race gas $7 gallon - used about 8-10 gallons all year (including some play time at Circleville). Tires: $200 a set for the go fast stickies - will last a couple of years (normal solo use-less sticky in year two). Motor: $100 or less for a major clutch overhaul on a motorcyle based motor, probably only need it every 2-3 years. Top end rebuild, about the same amount of time, less than $500 including a cylinder and rod (probably wouldn't need all that anyway!). ICC motors are probably double the engine parts prices.

You can spend as much as you want - new kart, new blueprinted motor, new instrumentation (gauges), etc., etc., you could spend $10K+ ,and still get beat by a 10 year old chassis!

Transportation: won't fit in a minivan -too wide. Tim (one of the kart guys) hauls his in a full size pickup, or you can buy a "fold up" tailer at Harbot Freight for about $500 and tow it behind anything. Karts only have to weigh 385# WITH DRIVER (425# w/ICC motors).

If you seriously want to look, PM me and I'll be glad to have you come over and see the karts I got - and look at anything that you happen to consider purchasing - Andy Bell (solo chairman) is also a great resource. Might even get a chance to get to Circleville one more time (if we get another good weekend this month) to play before they come apart for their winter check over.

Damnit, I shoulda come out, but I was still kinda recovering from a trip to my Aunt and Uncle's place in WV. ATVs are FUN...plus I think I gassed myself pretty good putting together a potato cannon for my Uncle Tom.(Yes, I actually took a trip to my Uncle Tom's Cabin, lol.) I'll be out next season, not sure yet whether I'll be beefing up the Buick a bit, or putting the money into the Shadow, or something else entirely.

I'll tell you though, if I can manage to get back into a trucking job desptie my tickets, you'll be seeing progress threads on an L67 Chevette....