Last Autox of the season.....Fun event!

Dr. Apex

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i have a delima .... currently my street tires are dam near bald an dont have time to get new ones....i do have drag radials....which would be best due to my bald tires an i have massive traction issues even with tread on street tires....

ok so i have a delima .... currently my street tires are dam near bald an dont have time to get new ones....i do have drag radials....which would be best due to my bald tires an i have massive traction issues even with tread on street tires....

Well, drag tires have weak sidewalls, so most likely you will have even more trouble keeping the car from understeering.

If it isn't raining, who needs tread? It costs $25 to have tirerack shave tires, you've done it for free. Less tread = better contact patch :thumbup:

Also, x2 on the uber weak sidewall of drag radials.

If it isn't raining, who needs tread? It costs $25 to have tirerack shave tires, you've done it for free. Less tread = better contact patch :thumbup:

Also, x2 on the uber weak sidewall of drag radials.

no tread= no tractioin for me fwd+torque= no goood haha witht he dragradials i hook up but ahh well i guess ill bring both an try cant hurt to see whats better haha

earrrrrrllllyyy to guarantee me a spot meeat at jegs on main street at 6 to get early to guarantee a spot!

ben or aj care to take a ride with me once or twice give me a few pointers?

That's fine by me but you may want to shoot me a call, I have a tendency to sleep through the alarm the earlier it is. My body is user to getting up at noon on the weekdays.

no tread= no tractioin for me fwd+torque= no goood haha witht he dragradials i hook up but ahh well i guess ill bring both an try cant hurt to see whats better haha

Leave the drag radials at home - I discussed these for autocross with the BFG guys when they came out. They are designed for straight line work with flexible sidewalls - even though they are DOT approved - very flexible. Probably not bad enough to be called unsafe for autocross, but not the best solution.

The "close to bald" street tires are your better choice. You are looking for cornering grip as you will be mostly turning - careful use of the right pedal to stay within the tires grip will net you the fastest times!

the count down is almost compleate. looks like i'll have a empty seat most of the day if anyone wants go for a ride.

I might take you up on that if I don't head out on the Hocking Hills trip.

But you gotta promise not to take me up into Delaware County. :rolleyes:

the count down is almost compleate. looks like i'll have a empty seat most of the day if anyone wants go for a ride.

I am there. I am going to try and make it and possibly make it to race too. If not I want to go for a ride in your car. I seen you drive, and you cna drive the wheels off a car........might let you drive my shit too. JJ

c u in the morning