My new business adventure... ...

attackpainter

Ok im going to answer a few questions here...... To chrome a set of wheels youre looking at around 100- 150 each wheel. The finish is exactly like a base /clear paint job. It uses specifically designed chemistry and specifically made tops coats. I provide a warranty for at least 10 years, depending on the part.

Basically think of this as paint it pretty much is with a real deposit of silver . As far as heat goes it has held up great on a magnesium 14-71 blower i just finished. Turn around time is typically 3-5 days depending on the condition of the parts. Typically prices should be a third of what plating costs.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone wants sample pieces of this I've got plenty of them.

I wouldn't need samples, but if you could post some pictures of your portfolio doing this kind of stuff, they'd be nice to see - just so we can all wrap the possibilities around our heads.

PIZZA SLICE!!

I'll take a sample. one quick question....do you smooth the surface before laying this down? for example not all wheels and calipers arent smooth like glass and before they are plated, they have to be smothed out. is sanding the part to a smooth finish part of your process. or do you just spray the part, whatever texture it is? I only ask because the website looks like they spray any surface, smooth or not. I understand it is to show that it will adhere to any surface, but didnt know if the normal prosess included sanding down the parts or if that is extra.

Good deal Paul! Hey, I'll bring my NSR over and you can crome the hell out of it! I've got it down to just a frame now, so lets do this!!!

HAHAHA!

And, I want my bodywork all silver crome so it will blind people when they try to pass me!

Can you crome my leathers too?? HAHAHAHA

I've got to come over and check this thing out

I'll take a sample. one quick question....do you smooth the surface before laying this down? for example not all wheels and calipers arent smooth like glass and before they are plated, they have to be smothed out. is sanding the part to a smooth finish part of your process. or do you just spray the part, whatever texture it is? I only ask because the website looks like they spray any surface, smooth or not. I understand it is to show that it will adhere to any surface, but didnt know if the normal prosess included sanding down the parts or if that is extra.

Good question!

Every piece i do is sanded down and smoothed. This process doesnt require as much flat sanding compared to dipping due to the fact that I usually (depending on the surface and type of metal or plastic) Use a polyuroxy primer. then apply my base for the actual silver to lay on.