November 1st Times thread

Buck531

I'm going to assume you went from a 275/50 to a 275/60, in which case you lost a little contact area, which would explain why you can't 60' as hard. I haven't used MT DRs myself yet, but from everything I've read I would think switching to those with a 275/60 setup you should be able to do what you were able to on the 275/50 BFG, if not better.

I'd still buy two spare wheels and toss an ET Drag on it, though. :p

cant wait too see them videos,i was in the other lane on that 10.87 pass was great pass for both of us.my best of the day was 10.75,I need some slicks, drag radials just spin too much taking off.

Was it me or were your rear tires rubbing the quarter panels running down the track?

I'm going to assume you went from a 275/50 to a 275/60, in which case you lost a little contact area, which would explain why you can't 60' as hard. I haven't used MT DRs myself yet, but from everything I've read I would think switching to those with a 275/60 setup you should be able to do what you were able to on the 275/50 BFG, if not better.

I'd still buy two spare wheels and toss an ET Drag on it, though. :p

You are correct :)

I didn't know I lost some contact patch area switching heights, so I'll take your advice and try the 28" tall again with the MTs.

BTW, I'm still running a stock rear so I dunno about ETs :D

While we are talking about 60's.. I have my ET streets on a 17" wheel. By reducing that to a 15" weld wheel (adding more sidewall, taking off weight) how much will that help?

A shit load. Far, far more sidewall flex. Pulling the end links on the front swaybar will help too if you haven't already done that.

Yup, actually I heat them more . I checked and I was off its 1.63 with, and 1.66 without at Kil-kare... 1.71 with 1.69 without at trail.. cant find the norwalk slips but its similar. There are a few f-bods that seem to have the same results after looking at ls1tech.

Actually Kenny, I lost 2/100 in my 60' with similar conditions by pulling my swaybar. Some cars like it with, some without. It's kinda hit or miss.

And yeah, stock 10-bolt :grin2: The record using one is 10.41, so I'm trying to beat that before switching to something beefier.

Yup, actually I heat them more . I checked and I was off its 1.63 with, and 1.66 without at Kil-kare... 1.71 with 1.69 without at trail.. cant find the norwalk slips but its similar. There are a few f-bods that seem to have the same results after looking at ls1tech.

There is such a thing as heating them up to much and making them slippery again. What air pressure where your 15's. If it is a slick you need to pressure them down low.

Maybe your blinker fluid is leaking and is making your driver gasket slip :cool:

Actually Kenny, I lost 2/100 in my 60' with similar conditions by pulling my swaybar. Some cars like it with, some without. It's kinda hit or miss.

And yeah, stock 10-bolt :grin2: The record using one is 10.41, so I'm trying to beat that before switching to something beefier.

I thought it was just me but I pulled mine off about 3 weeks ago and my last 2 times at the track I have struggled to hook up

Even your bike cannot keep up with me. Quit posting and get your pig back on the road :D

whats your best time to date? Let me get down how to launch the bike and maybe we can play time vs time :)

I still havent found any motivation to jump back on and finish this fucking thing. All I have to do is bolt up the pass. side header and intake mani then plug in the harness i just dont have any motivation to fuck with it lol. Like i really dont care about it anymore idk why either