Motorsports Of Columbus

98fiveseven1647545503

Theses guys suck big time. This post late but, better late then never.

Me and a buddy of mine went down there to check out a few bikes they had that Heather wanted to show me they had just got in.

Looked at a couple of 2007 CBR 600RRs they just got in on trade both bikes were black the one was swirl scratched all to hell and the other one was covered in fingerprints :rolleyes: (excellent for showroom pieces). I had told her I was looking at new ZX6Rs at Hinds and she showed me their bikes they had in stock. I fell in love the the Green on Green ZX6R they had fitted a 2 Brothers Carbon fiber slip on and after market Kawasaki windscreen on with rear seat cowl. She said she wouldnt be able to beat Hinds quote of $9100 because of the add ons but she would see what she could do. So she came back to me and my friend and said the lowest they could go on that bike was $9300 and wanted to do the paper work and financing. I filled out the paper work and was curious as to what they could get me financed for. I got my information and told them I was going to hold off to see what my Credit Union would be able to do for me. At that moment in time you could feel the tension and that the deal was not going so well... I called Heather back the following Monday once my CU approved me for that bike. And that I would be down Tuesday to pick up my new bike.

Tuesday comes me and my buddy Steve are going down to pick the bike up and Heather calls me. She wanted to make sure I knew the bike they were selling me was a bike freshly prepped from the crate in the back not the "modded" bike on the floor. WHOA HOLD UP. I told her to tell her manager what the deal we made was and to call me back. At that time Steve called up Patti at Ask (he use to work there a few years or so ago) He explained the situation I just got placed in and wanted to see if she would match the original deal minus the windscreen and seat cowl I mainly wanted the slip on.

She said she would call him back in a couple minutes so she could check her prices and see if she had a green on green bike in stock.

EUREKA!! "my bike" in stock. The Catch: I install my own pipe

The Deal: Taken. So we turn down 71 from 270 to go do paper work at ASK from our current direction to Motorsports of Columbus.

Heather procedes to call me back and say that her GSM wouldn't do the deal that she made. I told her to tell him that it was fine I am going to go sign papers at ASK and that they did their deal they were backing out of. She Hung up on the spot. I get another phone call 3 minutes later. Heather was calling back and said they would do $9100 on the bike. No pipe still... I told her that the pipe was the deal breaker and they wouldnt do the deal they made so they lost the deal all together!

Signed papers at ASK got my new financing paperwork from my CU and trailored my new bike home in the rain the next day :)

SO A+++ for ASK and f----- for M.O.C.

I got my bike from M.O.C. and they gave me a big run around as well. In the end I did get a decent deal but I practically had to strangle the guy just to get him to negotiate anything.

Yea i might have actually went for their deal but my buddy told me to tell them they fucked up so they can eat it. He has played the buying a new bike deal and we would have went to canton because they were straight selling 08 ZX6Rs for 9100 in their add and if 1 dealership will do it they all can depends on if they want to move bikes or not and the more bikes you move the better deals they get from mfgs.

So what I am saying is MAJOR PROPS to ASK POWERSPORTS in Grove City!!! BEST deal, BEST people and BEST Service. Now I need to figure out if i want to buy the extended service plan from kawasaki

Their service department is retarded as well. When the coils finally gave up the ghost on my R6 (common probably for a 2003 R6, there is a Yamaha recall for it) I limped it to work, which at the time made it so that Motorsports of Columbus was on the way home. I had a friend pick my truck up from my house and meet me at work so I could load the bike in the bed.

On the way home we stopped by Motorsports of Ohio to find out how long it would take to get the bike in to have the warranty work done. The guy looked at me like I was retarded wanting work done for free at which point I showed him the warranty papers where it clearly states Yamaha will pay for parts AND install of the coils. After probably 20min of listening to his stupidity I just walked out.

I ended up just ordering the coils online and paying $90 instead. What pissed me off the most was when I did the spark plugs in the bike a few months before this, I took the four coils to them to see if they could just give me replacements. Of course not, they said they have to do the work. :rolleyes: Then when I do take it to get the work done, they won't do it. Brilliant.

/rant

Edit: All that shit is about Honda Northwest in Hilliard (I guess now called Ohio Motorcycle, which I was thinking was now called MOC). I fail.

Their service department is retarded as well. When the coils finally gave up the ghost on my R6 (common probably for a 2003 R6, there is a Yamaha recall for it) I limped it to work, which at the time made it so that Motorsports of Columbus was on the way home. I had a friend pick my truck up from my house and meet me at work so I could load the bike in the bed.

On the way home we stopped by Motorsports of Ohio to find out how long it would take to get the bike in to have the warranty work done. The guy looked at me like I was retarded wanting work done for free at which point I showed him the warranty papers where it clearly states Yamaha will pay for parts AND install of the coils. After probably 20min of listening to his stupidity I just walked out.

I ended up just ordering the coils online and paying $90 instead. What pissed me off the most was when I did the spark plugs in the bike a few months before this, I took the four coils to them to see if they could just give me replacements. Of course not, they said they have to do the work. :rolleyes: Then when I do take it to get the work done, they won't do it. Brilliant.

/rant

Motorsports of Columbus isn't a Yamaha dealer.... :confused:

So what I am saying is MAJOR PROPS to ASK POWERSPORTS in Grove City!!! BEST deal, BEST people and BEST Service. Now I need to figure out if i want to buy the extended service plan from kawasaki

Triple from my nipple...

Do yourself a favor and NEVER take your bike to Ask for service....EVER EVER EVER

I meant to ask you how that was going, any movement on that?

Their offers were a complete joke, pretrial is coming up soon. The Magistrate even told them they were completely ridiculous.

Oh shit you're right I'm thinking of the wrong dealer.

I was thinking that's what Honda NW changed their name to.

it's cool man, I was just a bit corn-fused. Sorry to hear about your experience over at NW though, they're usually the best dealer in town.