Myrtle Beach and Bike weeks...

Putty

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A local Black club organized the second week. Why????

Not a clue

''

Going out on a limb here...

because the club felt that events that black folks would gravitate towards were not represented in the first bike week. I'm just guessing here.

As bikers, you would think that it should be all about the bikes and skin color should not play into it..but the reality is, that's not true. It's not a segregation issue..people of the same color tend to feel comfortable around each other and enjoy the same shit. That's not a hard rule..but you get what I'm saying.

Case in point..there are bike weeks where the promoters hire country or rock bands to perform. Most black folks aren't into country (or rock)music. Why would you spend money on something you have no interest in? Answer: You wouldn't. So, maybe this club decided to get acts that appealed to a black demographic..and decided to do it separate from the first week because there was already too much going on.

Silly negros.

I think metric cruiser people fall into 2 main categories......They either love that type of bike's look/aesthetics &/or riding style, but are prudent enough people to know they want something more reliable, affordable & well built than HD's overpriced junk......Or they're buying a metric as a "step up/training bike" 'cause they can't afford a Harley yet. If the latter's the case.....Please see above 18.gif

yay I fall into the first category! It's more of the riding style I like. Plus it was waaaayy more affordable.

Really the HD guys don't give me to much crap, usually becasue they can't figure out what I'm riding. :)

yay I fall into the first category! It's more of the riding style I like. Plus it was waaaayy more affordable.

Really the HD guys don't give me to much crap, usually becasue they can't figure out what I'm riding. :)

but when they do figure it out and run their mouths i get mad and have to bite my tounge before we both get lynched :lol: