Music these days sucks!

SpaceGhost

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100023/photo1225811635470/web.jpg

Been a while since I played this album. Yes I am Old, I remember when I got this Cassette Tape. Their new shit sucks, this Album rocks though!

What old school are you listening too? I feel Rebellious today since how I voted, I feel like I stuck it to the man today! Fuck you Bush, :gtfo:

i know how you feel. I'm 21 and I feel the same way with alot of groups that haven't been around nearly that long. Disturbed first 2 albums were awesome, they felt genually into it. know its like they just to it to make a little money. Thats just one example. As for the older groups like Metallica, AC/DC, Motley Crue, they need to retire. Metallica's new album is an emberrisement to their old stuff, and the other 2 are just a joke.

Metalica lost thei powers when they cut the mullets and james quit drinking as much. Now the listen to the record label and give us these current steaming plies of crap.

I really don't get into what is "popluar" anymore because it is so bad and manufactured.

Growing up on skater music and metal along with classic rock might not make me the most unbiased person on earth.

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100023/photo1225811635470/web.jpg

Been a while since I played this album. Yes I am Old, I remember when I got this Cassette Tape. Their new shit sucks, this Album rocks though!

What old school are you listening too? I feel Rebellious today since how I voted, I feel like I stuck it to the man today! Fuck you Bush, :gtfo:

ummm, Bush was out in January regardless how you voted. You might have just fucked us all.

Edit:

I broke out a Creed CD last Saturday. :)

Metallica's first 4 albums were the only ones that were worth a shit, load, reload and black album were over rated. The only reason they are popular is cause they made "trendy" songs on those albums like Enter Sandman and Fuel just to name a couple.

Lamb of God sucks but I have never seen a circle pit as big as the one at Ozzfest 07 when they were on stage.

If your wanting good rock in my opinion heres 2 good "classic" and a good "modern" songs

Classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONZ9bL2WGBE

Modern: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejOmuzAXsnw

So old school, most of you have never heard of it/them:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41-2GcduQoL._SS500_.jpg

I'm 19, and would rather see a bunch of old R&B/chicago blues than most newer rock. After 1994, in America, anyways, music failed. Hell, I listen to surf rock now.

But post 1994 the only good 'scene' that has produced anything noteworthy is Detroit.

PS: Metallica's new album does sound like they tried to bridge the gap between Justice and Black. But still, ehhh. Cyanide's instrumentals were ok.

Nothing like REAL classic blues like Bessie Smith and Blind Lemon Jefferson.

Everyone jumps on board and thinks "music has changed, ugh!1". Of course it has. Frank Sinatra blew off Elvis Presley as just a gimmick ages ago but imagine rock n roll without him. This doesn't include the bands that are conforming to their labels, as they're just assholes. Music never died, it's just hiding.

Nothing like REAL classic blues like Bessie Smith and Blind Lemon Jefferson.

Okay, true.

JB Lenoir fan here.

Robert Johnson too, of course, but the quality bugs me. Course, that really can't be expected to be an amazing recording, given age and all.

it is my opinon that none of you have that good of a musical taste, but thats mostly because my main music is grunge. soundgarden, chains, pilots, and pumpkins all the way! tool still puts out some good stuff(whenever they get around to releasing an album now days of course), the new smashing pumpkins single, G.L.O.W. is straight up awesome, and i really enjoy metallics new album too(but thats coming from an *OMG* black/load/re-load fan). black light burns is an awesome band(limpbizkits former guitar player, wes borland, started it, the really have some innovative and original music). my favorite band, though, is hurt. im sure everyone has heard their first single, rapture, and their first single off their second album, ten ton brick, charted pretty high too. amazing artists, a whole lot of depth in their music and a great style! everyone should give them a listen!

my favorite band