Got some new wheels.

pontiacfreak142

soooo anything new with your build?

Not until I find a job, or get my income tax check in the spring. Its too cold to work on the thing right now anyway. Really think I'll get a used 5.3 truck engine, and spend some time doing some interesting stuff with the LS1.

Not until I find a job, or get my income tax check in the spring. Its too cold to work on the thing right now anyway. Really think I'll get a used 5.3 truck engine, and spend some time doing some interesting stuff with the LS1.

for ls1 aftermarket forged stuff, whats the prices on rods and pistons?

for ls1 aftermarket forged stuff, whats the prices on rods and pistons?

You can get rods from $250 and up, pistons about $500 and up. God stuff like Callies cost about $600 for rods, and Diamond for pistons about $800 w/rings.

I however would like to re-sleeve the block, and go a little exotic. This route would take a few years for me, so a decent used engine to beat on would be in order.

You can get rods from $250 and up, pistons about $500 and up. God stuff like Callies cost about $600 for rods, and Diamond for pistons about $800 w/rings.

I however would like to re-sleeve the block, and go a little exotic. This route would take a few years for me, so a decent used engine to beat on would be in order.

I do not know lsx engines, are they alum block with sleeves? Why the re sleeve when everyone talks about these motors handling so much?

I do not know lsx engines, are they alum block with sleeves? Why the re sleeve when everyone talks about these motors handling so much?

Yup alum w/sleeves. Re-sleeving makes it even stronger with more cubes for about the same cost as a new block. There are only a few ways to get more cubes, iron block, aftermarket really expensive block, or a stock LS7 block. None of which I care to have. Besides I already have all the little bullshit pieces to make this block work.

What's 70lbs when you can keep a motor together longer? I'm suprised more people don't run the LQ4 set up, but the LS2 blocks are working just fine now.

Well actually lots of people use those, just another reason not to. I want to be different see above post.

Honestly wasn't meant to be.

Trying to figure out why someone would buy those for a said car. They are useless on the street so their only application would really be on the track.......

Figured an honest estimate of what he might gain would be .1 :)

Yes, my car(s) are slow and dont' do crap in the 1/4. I'll save you the typing.

:bangbang:

I did just buy them for the track basically. yea, they are going to helpa little bit wih times, but i just like the look of them more than anything lol.

oh and if you havent noticed, look under the pic in my sig...

Wait, still bored, must continue nonsense..

So uhh yeah, lets get that purple turd on this 20 degree asphalt and see what happens. I'm willling to bet awd and winter tires work to my advantage...

:cool:

triple.

I dont know well they would work, but i have drag radials/slicks for it and im sure i could warm them up enough to stick a little lol