New from Kent, Ohio

Guest Jrcz24

What all comes with the kit? And what kinda power would I be looking at after all that? One more question haha, also down the line if I wanted to throw some heads on it, are there some on the market that would be a good match for the cam?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What all comes with the kit? And what kinda power would I be looking at after all that? One more question haha, also down the line if I wanted to throw some heads on it, are there some on the market that would be a good match for the cam?

Cam, valve springs (comp 918s), and hardened push rods. You'd just need to buy a gasket kit. As for power I never dyno'd either car, they were just street tuned. I guesstimate high 300s maybe 400 according to Thunder's website. If you wanted to look at heads, it is my opinion that less is more on a stock bottom end LS1. Hence why I used a cam most would consider small, but if you look around you don't give much power at all by not going with a huge cam, and you get to keep all your drivability. For heads I really like just some ported 5.3 liter heads for this kind of application, get some really nice ones for $1200. Like these http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=84&catid=20

Cam, valve springs (comp 918s), and hardened push rods. You'd just need to buy a gasket kit. As for power I never dyno'd either car, they were just street tuned. I guesstimate high 300s maybe 400 according to Thunder's website. If you wanted to look at heads, it is my opinion that less is more on a stock bottom end LS1. Hence why I used a cam most would consider small, but if you look around you don't give much power at all by not going with a huge cam, and you get to keep all your drivability. For heads I really like just some ported 5.3 liter heads for this kind of application, get some really nice ones for $1200. Like these http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=84&catid=20

Goo, I'm getting all giddy now haha. I'm gonna hit the sack, but I'll PM you tomorrow with a couple more questions. Thanks a lot man!