Iron Pony to buy Motorsports of Columbus

Smokey

I put this on Ohio Riders, but know that a small few of you don't venture over there.

Deal is supposed to be finalized this week. Hopefully they can turn that place into something nice. I believe they have to keep it on Morse Rd for a year, but not positive on that.

Maybe Todd will come in here and give us the scoop as I'm sure he gets all the good stuff.

motorsports.. blah.. junk.

Iron pony overpriced but so nice to get stuff you need in stock.

We'll see how it turns out

I don't think there has been a single time they've ever had anything I needed in stock.

Mother fuckers had 3, fucking 3, spark plugs.

I ended up buying them at Napa. Waste of a drive. Their most famous quote "we'll have it on Tuesday".

Guest tbutera2112
my best friend is the owners kid and i havent heard him mention this at all....i know they are buying out another place, but im not supposed to say the name of the place...maybe im wrong, i havent asked him, but he hasnt mentioned it

my best friend is the owners kid and i havent heard him mention this at all....i know they are buying out another place, but im not supposed to say the name of the place...maybe im wrong, i havent asked him, but he hasnt mentioned it

They already bought Yamaha of Columbus if that's what you're referring to.

This deal is definitely not done, but their respective finance persons are at the dealership this week trying to put the deal together.

Guest tbutera2112
They already bought Yamaha of Columbus if that's what you're referring to.

This deal is definitely not done, but their respective finance persons are at the dealership this week trying to put the deal together.

oh ok...wasnt sure if yoc was done or not...hes been talkin about it for awhile....and i hadnt heard anything about them buying motorsports...ive heard some pretty shady things about motorsports, maybe under new management it will do better

I've been dealing with Iron Pony for thirty years. They were just a small shop when they started (very close to where they are located now), but I've always known them to be ethical and customer-oriented. I think of that as an achievement, considering what the motorcycle world has been through during the last 3 decades and considering the growth their business has sustained. I think we're lucky to have a store with their selection and volume so close to us. I don't buy all my cycle gear there, but I always hit their end-of-season markdowns--I've never seen those prices beaten anywhere.

I hope this is a good business move for them. They bring a lot to the party. I think it takes balls to invest a lot of money in a retail motorcycle venture right now, but I feel that any shop they buy is bound to improve under their management.

I've been dealing with Iron Pony for thirty years. They were just a small shop when they started (very close to where they are located now), but I've always known them to be ethical and customer-oriented. I think of that as an achievement, considering what the motorcycle world has been through during the last 3 decades and considering the growth their business has sustained. I think we're lucky to have a store with their selection and volume so close to us. I don't buy all my cycle gear there, but I always hit their end-of-season markdowns--I've never seen those prices beaten anywhere.

I hope this is a good business move for them. They bring a lot to the party. I think it takes balls to invest a lot of money in a retail motorcycle venture right now, but I feel that any shop they buy is bound to improve under their management.

+1 Well said Doc. I have never had any issues with them. Getting last years stuff in the closeout section has always been the best deal I could find. I remeber getting riding gear in that old store when I was about 5. So much stuff in there you could hardly walk.

agreed.

good people good business.

edit* i cant spell, fixed

I got a really cheap MotoGP leather jacket there in the teeny tiny girls size for the ass that sometimes tags along in the fall. It was a great deal at $130 from like $3xx. Couldn't justify buying gloves at $70 after getting a fully padded race jacket for $130 though LOL.