Ohio State vs. Texas WHO YA GOT??

El Karacho1647545492

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll be a good matchup, hopefully the bucks are already practicing because it is still a long ass time until that game

OSU 31...24 Texas

Good thing is Texas sat out the Big 12 title game so they've only had one week more of game experience this season. Shouldn't be as big a handicap as it's been to us the past couple years.

Texas will be distracted by the fact they feel slighted and believe they should be in the NCG.

Ohio State will get to hear for next two months how great Texas is and how they'll get rolled. That should be a great motivator.

Texas hasn't faced a defense nearly as good as Ohio State's. Ohio State hasn't faced an offense nearly as good as Texas'.

Colt McFall-Down-For-a-Penalty was a freshman the last time Ohio State played Texas. Now, Ohio State is the one with the freshman quarterback...who, coincidentally, is cut from the same cloth as - you guessed it - Texas' quarterback Vince Young.

This is the third time these two will play. Texas beat Ohio State in Columbus in 2005, and Ohio State beat Texas in Austin in 2006. Neutral field, this time (though Texas will probably travel as well, if not a bit better, than Ohio State). Both are national powerhouses. I think Texas is like third all time in wins, and Ohio State is fifth. (Michigan is first, Notre Dame is second, that I know for sure. Nebraska is in there, and so is Alabama. Penn State is too, though they are just behind Ohio State in total wins.)

Texas is playing for a remote chance at a AP national championship. Ohio State is playing for redemption on the national stage.

My prediction: Ohio State 34, Texas 24

God that video makes me miss Teddy "You Know" Ginn and Gonzo.

Plus one billion.

That initial play by Ginn, where he catches it and then runs for like 40 yards, I remember thinking, "I bet Texas had no idea how fast this fucking guy is."

How we ever lost with that team I'll never understand.

Plus one billion.

That initial play by Ginn, where he catches it and then runs for like 40 yards, I remember thinking, "I bet Texas had no idea how fast this fucking guy is."

Hint: We never schedule real opponents, and have no conference title game.

We had Texas on the schedule that year, and they were ranked #2, which I think effectively nullifies your argument that we never schedule real opponents. Second, not having a conference title game has nothing to do with them losing. Look at USC - no conference title game, and no problem winning lots of games. Also, we had a de facto conference title game that year with Michigan, who was also #2 at the time.

Negative. Predictable play calling and being too damn stubborn to change it when you're losing. Will probably be our downfall again this year. Let's hope not.

Plus one billion.

I almost miss his post game interviews as much as I miss watching him run.

We had Texas on the schedule that year, and they were ranked #2, which I think effectively nullifies your argument that we never schedule real opponents. Second, not having a conference title game has nothing to do with them losing. Look at USC - no conference title game, and no problem winning lots of games. Also, we had a de facto conference title game that year with Michigan, who was also #2 at the time.

Regardless of the de facto title game, OSU often finishes their schedule early and doesn't step on the field in December, putting us at a disadvantage come bowl season.

Also, we play way way WAY too many weak opponents. And don't win big enough. USC doesn't just win lots of games, they give the BCS the kind of scores it expects to see out of a top 10 team going against bottom feeders. Ohio State cruises along winning 27-10 against nobodies and then wonders why we get no respect.

Regardless of the de facto title game, OSU often finishes their schedule early and doesn't step on the field in December, putting us at a disadvantage come bowl season.

Also, we play way way WAY too many weak opponents. And don't win big enough. USC doesn't just win lots of games, they give the BCS the kind of scores it expects to see out of a top 10 team going against bottom feeders. Ohio State cruises along winning 27-10 against nobodies and then wonders why we get no respect.

I'm agreeing with you on every single one of those points. I see now what you meant about no conference title games - the time off allows the rust to set in. ;)

Yup, OSU needs to develop the mentality that it will play any team, any time, any where, and, when it's up on a team, it needs to go for the jugular.

I'm agreeing with you on every single one of those points. I see now what you meant about no conference title games - the time off allows the rust to set in. ;)

Yup, OSU needs to develop the mentality that it will play any team, any time, any where, and, when it's up on a team, it needs to go for the jugular.

We also need to have some accountability for losing big games. Beating Michigan senseless every year is losing its meaning when we shit the bed in bowl games.

anyone else think tressel needs to go?

not sure if you know this or not, but USC plays in the pac-10. And there is no conference championship in the pac10 because they all play eachother. If washington and washington state aren't nobodies, then well...I dont know...you need to stop watching espn.

I won't even bring up the citadels, troys, and UL-monroes that the SEC uses to pad their schedules every year.

Everyone schedules nobodies, its called the BCS and wins matter

can somebody please explain why we don't move our season back a week to start later, with a lot of these other big conferences? other than "tradition" of some sort, it fucking kills us every year, in the opinion polls and our layoff time. why not fix that?

and somebody get fucking Notre Dame in the Big 10 already, so we CAN have a conference title game, making our season end at the same time as the rest of the big conferences. yeah yeah, i know they won't, but their glory days of being an "independent" are long gone, along with that NBC contract. it could shore up our conference, once they do get back to being pretty good, and keep the Big 10 fresh in the pollsters/viewrs minds at the end of the season

We also need to have some accountability for losing big games. Beating Michigan senseless every year is losing its meaning when we shit the bed in bowl games.

Kind of agree with you on the big games thing, kind of don't. Yes, we've lost three very big games badly, and Tressel and the coaching staff definitely need to be held accountable for that. As Kenny has said about 47 times this year, Tressel et al have been waaaay too predictable lately, and that kind of game planning has led to us getting some major beatdowns. However, Ohio State has won lots of in-conference "big games" in recent years, though, in retrospect, those tend to diminish in their luster (i.e., they don't really seem all that "big" after the fact, but sure were pretty big leading up to the game).

Not sure if Tressel needs to go, but that yellow type definitely needs to go. My retinas fucking hate you right now.

^^^ Band wagon fucking people. Tressel was a god when cooper left. Everyone was masturbating to him and his sweater vest. He's won a National Championship, and gone to 2 others but all of a sudden the buckeyes aren’t unbeaten and now he’s a crappy coach and play caller that needs to go? Tell me…Who should coach them then? Let’s fire him for making it to 2 BSC national championship games and loosing. WTF people, He HAS WON CHAMIPONSHIPS, and BIG GAMES. There are other coaches on the side line, and players on the field. It’s a god damn team sport. Now people say “We’ll I always thought he was just an okay coach”…Funny I didn’t here that when they were kicking the crap outta everyone in 06!? Just get off it already. He’s the coach. Rant/

BTW…They’ll probably loose

Texas 34- OSU 12