How big is WAL-MART?

Putty

HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?

1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of

every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January1st to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And most can't speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.

8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are SuperCenters; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.

11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store.

(Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.

Have you seen the wal mart special that plays all the time on tv. Something like "the age of wal mart" Very informative. Kinda one sided but you at least see some of the other sides of a large corp. I myself liked wal mart when they first came around here. Prices dont seem as competitive now their competition is elimintaed.

Have you seen the wal mart special that plays all the time on tv. Something like "the age of wal mart" Very informative. Kinda one sided but you at least see some of the other sides of a large corp. I myself liked wal mart when they first came around here. Prices dont seem as competitive now their competition is elimintaed.

Not to mention the quality of much of their stock, especially food, has diminished. It seems to be a bit worse up here than down south, though.

Guest tbutera2112
Majority of the shoppers in the Morse road store speak everything BUT English. Every time Ive walked into that store its like I teleported to some foreign country

i realize theres a lot of people who speak another language....but of all the employees at walmart, the majority of them not speaking english makes no sense...you cant work in customer service if you cant speak the language of the country you are in... even world wide, english is taught in many countries

i realize theres a lot of people who speak another language....but of all the employees at walmart, the majority of them not speaking english makes no sense...you cant work in customer service if you cant speak the language of the country you are in... even world wide, english is taught in many countries

you've never been to Miami i take it

YOU feel like you are in someone else's country down there

on the streets during the day/downtown/strip area, all richie, English speaking people, but at night and in stores, you CANT FIND someone that speaks English hardly

you've never been to Miami i take it

YOU feel like you are in someone else's country down there

on the streets during the day/downtown/strip area, all richie, English speaking people, but at night and in stores, you CANT FIND someone that speaks English hardly

Exzactly!!!! Miami is ridicoulous....nobody speaks english and even if they do its very bad and they arent american. Takes 5 min to order a fucking value meal at BK in Miami.

I hate going to Walmart. I'm much happier shopping at Meijer.

Meijer for sure.

I refuse to shop at wal mart for anything. I hate what they do, and what they have done to become what they are today, but I can't lie they are very smart business men as far as the heads of the company go.

fuck walmart.it didnt say how many employees are chineese slaves?

:confused: You'll find products of that sort of workforce in most stores, not just wal-mart. Own any Nike shoes? Dell computer?

I'm not a fan of Wal-Mart just because of the crowd it draws, but I've never really understood what made it so much worse than any other large retailer.

ill go to walmart if they have something meijer doesnt, but i usually go to walmart first.

buddy of mine who is a member here (hardly posts) is a manager at the one in reynoldsburg. it cant be too bad. hes making decent money for the time hes been there and his age.

I refuse to go to the one on Morse, no matter what time you go there it is always packed. It can be at 2 am or 10 am, it doesn't matter.

Oh yeah that is the closest store to me. I won't go there unless someone drives me there. Last few times I had to go at 2:30am there was a shit ton of people and only 2 registers open. LONG WAIT. :o

I love meijer though. I'll shop any any meijer except cleveland late at night. Almost all the time no one will be there. It is awesome if you know exactly where your purchases are.

Good perspective on one the worlds most known stores. They are even larger than some of those numbers though. SuperCenter wise, they have over 2,500 as of mid 2008. They are insane when it comes to growth and plans. At WDP they had our guys not only design and render the stores, they had them create virtual fly-throughs with every shelf down to the product in place for them to view prior to openings.

HUGE money on getting that done. Which is ironically funny as when you go to their HQ, it's about as anti-extravegant as you can imagine. Cube farms to the T.

This is true but remember that statistic doesn't claim to be solely from America. So including all the walmarts in foreign countries maybe. In America, I agree with you no way most of them DONT speak english.

If thats the case I would have ran into a walmart employee who couldn't communicate with me which has not happened yet...

My issue with Wal-Mart is its employees and about 90% of the shoppers. Most of the employees are worthless. They can never help you find shit, they can’t/ don’t do their job and are just complete morons. Apart from doing half their hiring south of the border, the other half they must recruit from state fairs and movie extras from lord of the rings. And I can’t go there on Saturdays or Sundays for fear of going postal on half the idiot shoppers. Look motherfucker if you’ve never used/ seen a U-Scan before, why pick Saturday afternoon with a cart full of shit and 20 people behind you to try and figure it out!? And that’s another thing, why do they have 30+ check out lines and when you go there they never have more the 5 open WTF!