New guy from charleston

ISpoolOldSchool

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why a TH400?

Call Vince Janis (330-753-6609, Akron) or Lonnie Diers (937-379-2233, Cinci area), put a 200-4R back in like it should be.

11's should be simple with a TE44. You need any help when you're up this way let me know.

Why a TH400?

Call Vince Janis (330-753-6609, Akron) or Lonnie Diers (937-379-2233, Cinci area), put a 200-4R back in like it should be.

11's should be simple with a TE44. You need any help when you're up this way let me know.

i can build my own tranny, it had a th400 when i bought it. second went out on the factory 200 which is sitting in my garage ripped apart. it will go back in in due time

thanks guys

mark

• Upvote 1

thats what im hoping. its got ET streets on it now so it aughta hook. the guy that oned it before me was a retard. there wasnt even a gasket on the downpipe. he gapped the plugs to .015 as well... idk why. right now the money im putting into the car is just fixing the other guys mistakes haha. im going to take it off the frame in january since its missing half the body bushings (bolt rusted out or just rotted and gone) and fix all his screw ups in the engine. you should have saw the oil pan gasket. he had it so tight it broke into 3 pieces.
  • Upvote 1

Downpipe shouldn't need a gasket, it and the turbo should be machine surfaces. Though, with my current downpipe (which I bought because I didn't realize I had better options, I wanted a THDP or an ATR... which you can no longer get) it has a leak around it, so I had to buy a gasket. Not happy about that.

You should see the hot air motor I just picked up complete for $500. Home boy used NA head gaskets, #2 piston has never seen a spark, loose bolts all over, etc etc. He complained it didn't make enough power... no shit?

Run CR42TS gapped at .035

yea im hoping. first runs will probably be at national trail next year if anyone wants to come watch

Welcome, I am new here also. You should let us know when you take it out to trails. My shop is about 5 miles east of there so I go out there regularly.

Downpipe shouldn't need a gasket, it and the turbo should be machine surfaces. Though, with my current downpipe (which I bought because I didn't realize I had better options, I wanted a THDP or an ATR... which you can no longer get) it has a leak around it, so I had to buy a gasket. Not happy about that.

You should see the hot air motor I just picked up complete for $500. Home boy used NA head gaskets, #2 piston has never seen a spark, loose bolts all over, etc etc. He complained it didn't make enough power... no shit?

Run CR42TS gapped at .035

haha thats great. was $500 the turbo setup and all?

it does though, its leaking terrible around the bottom, the area around the turbo isnt leaking but im leaking out of the area where my external wastegate pipe meets up to it

thanks for the welcome guys

haha thats great. was $500 the turbo setup and all?

it does though, its leaking terrible around the bottom, the area around the turbo isnt leaking but im leaking out of the area where my external wastegate pipe meets up to it

thanks for the welcome guys

Pan to turbo, including AC compressor, alternator, injectors, cam sensor, etc etc. Has 378 miles on it, forged pistons, stock crank/rods.

Should make a good beater motor. Aside from the dumb stuff he did the machine work looks good. We'll see how long it holds up. :lol:

What downpipe is it?

i honestly dont know, its a 3in external gate, but look in my picture at how the gate sits, i havent saw one like that, the gate sticks up on it not forward like in most others ive saw. its got ATR headers on it supposidely, i thnk theyre knock offs.

like i said the cars got problems, i got a pretty good deal on it though so i still think its worth it. i only paid $6000 for the car. 90k miles and the interior is perfect except the seat brackets got gangsta lean

yea i called the past owner a retard and couldnt even spell owned haha

That's a steal and a half for $6k.

Got better pics of the headers? I can tell you if they're ATR or not...

Downpipe might be theirs too...

it may be, it had a lot of atr stuff on it. it had an atr front bumper too at one time, until the tranny went out on the past owner. he figured the fiberglass would be strong enough to tow by i guess. needless to say its not on there anymore

yea i called the past owner a retard and couldnt even spell owned haha

it may be, it had a lot of atr stuff on it. it had an atr front bumper too at one time, until the tranny went out on the past owner. he figured the fiberglass would be strong enough to tow by i guess. needless to say its not on there anymore

Sweet Jesus that's retarded.

I hope you've got Direct Scan or Powerlogger on that shit, I'd be resetting every sensor on the car. :lol:

Sweet Jesus that's retarded.

I hope you've got Direct Scan or Powerlogger on that shit, I'd be resetting every sensor on the car. :lol:

ive got a scanmaster, thats it right now. i dont have it completely legal yet, its been sitting in the garage most of the time getting fixed.

ive honestly not fixed the cam yet either, the parts are sitting there, i just havent had time to put it all in. its making some rediculous noise, it will throw all the KR it can at it when your cruising because of that lifter.

id love to do something like that in a camaro, but those ls engines are too sweet to pass up. ive got a lq4 6.0 in the garage that was going to go into the maroon camaro in my first post along with a turbo, but i bought the GN instead