Street Racing Charge On WBNS 10TV

KillJoy

Glenn, no one is trying to berate you. I don't think Brian knows how close you were with George nor how it impacted you, and I know it's very emotionally draining.

Although we didn't condone his actions, or what they outwardly were, he was a friend to many of us as well. I just hope for Michelle's sake they quickly end this escapade and leave George's family and Brandon alone. This shoulda been done with close to a year ago.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing folks on here drawing comparisons between 2 criminals raping, robbing, and murdering someone, and 2 people who may or may not have been driving/racing irresponsibly is disheartening. Those 2 situations aren't even remotely interchangable. Why are there comparisons involving 3rd party victims ? I do understand someone else was hurt, but to my knowledge that person is alive.

Listen here fuck face! Im not here to entertain your point of view, or anyones on here! Im laying it out like it is. Shut your mouth!

You got a problem, TOUGH!

And, if ANYONE else on here has a further interest on my post, come discuss it WITH me. I am sick, and pissed off, by this whole situation. Dont further the frustration.

You really need to calm the fuck down seriously. If he continues like this please ban me before it gets out of hand. Obviously you are missing the big picture here. Emotions are running high. If you do not like what I say come see me!

Listen here fuck face! Im not here to entertain your point of view, or anyones on here! Im laying it out like it is. Shut your mouth!

You got a problem, TOUGH!

And, if ANYONE else on here has a further interest on my post, come discuss it WITH me. I am sick, and pissed off, by this whole situation. Dont further the frustration.

If you read the entire thread I think V8Beast is kind of in agreement with what you have said...

To many emotions involved in this thread.

Seeing folks on here drawing comparisons between 2 criminals raping, robbing, and murdering someone, and 2 people who may or may not have been driving/racing irresponsibly is disheartening. Those 2 situations aren't even remotely interchangable. Why are there comparisons involving 3rd party victims ? I do understand someone else was hurt, but to my knowledge that person is alive.

The issue is, if you can only prosecute George because he was the one involved in the accident, then you're saying that the only crime committed was George losing control and hitting another car. But street racing is the action that resulted in the accident (allegedly), and that's a crime in itself. Only prosecuting George would be absolving everyone else of any wrong-doing, and that's not the case. Street racing was the act tht resulted in the accident (allegedly), and it takes more than one person to street race.

My $0.02

The issue is, if you can only prosecute George because he was the one involved in the accident, then you're saying that the only crime committed was George losing control and hitting another car. But street racing is the action that resulted in the accident (allegedly), and that's a crime in itself. Only prosecuting George would be absolving everyone else of any wrong-doing, and that's not the case. Street racing was the act tht resulted in the accident (allegedly), and it takes more than one person to street race.

My $0.02

well put.

My $0.02

Agreed, but as it has been stated before, the charges should reflect the laws broken. Brandon should get in trouble for racing, George for the accident.

Connecting the two is rediculous.

Agreed, but as it has been stated before, the charges should reflect the laws broken. Brandon should get in trouble for racing, George for the accident.

Connecting the two is rediculous.

Do we really need to go around in a circle here? We have been over why he is being charged with all of his charges. No need to keep going on and on about it. We can not really be sure about anything, we will just have to wait until this case is heard out.

We can go on and on about the situation but i dont think it is going to prove anything. Everyone has different views as to what constitutes what.

Anyone driving while intoxicated gets no sympathy from me.

Anyone RACING while intoxicated deserves whatever is coming to them, even if the charges seem outlandish.

You are dumb. Brandon, who is being charged with this shit WAS NOT DRUNK.

You obviously are a noob and are not familiar with the situation.

:nono:

-Marc

I brought it up to make a point that showing the reason why charges are put forth as "aggravated" and apply to others deemed as "participants" in events that led to the outcome that occurred and why the laws go after them too vs. just those that are directly involved.

I used a pretty graphic example, but if since this case here doesn't ring clear to many, I thought perhaps that one would. Those participating but not directly involved aren't free to just walk away nor are they without some accountability for the end result. Just because you start off committing one crime doesn't absolve you if the end result is different and worse.

Even if you weren't the one "directly" involved in said result. Guilt by association, accomplice to a crime, etc....no one walks in events like this.

I brought it up to make a point that showing the reason why charges are put forth as "aggravated" and apply to others deemed as "participants" in events that led to the outcome that occurred and why the laws go after them too vs. just those that are directly involved.

I used a pretty graphic example, but if since this case here doesn't ring clear to many, I thought perhaps that one would. Those participating but not directly involved aren't free to just walk away nor are they without some accountability for the end result. Just because you start off committing one crime doesn't absolve you if the end result is different and worse.

Even if you weren't the one "directly" involved in said result. Guilt by association, accomplice to a crime, etc....no one walks in events like this.

We'll just have to agree to disagree than. The way I see it is sort of like this.

For instance: A cohort and I decide to rob a bank, during the robbery my cohort kills someone. I am guilty by association.

Thats pretty clear-cut to me. However lets take the same situation and try to make it analogous to what occured.

A cohort and I decide to rob a bank, during the robbery my cohort dies of 'the dangers that come with robbing a bank'.

Charge me with bank robbery, or if my cohort also hurt someone else during the robbery, aggrevated assault, and bank robbery.

so once again, every person should be charged with the same as brandon. his wife, whom ever was there, whom ever knew about it and was with george when he was drinking, everyone on this board who knew george and knew about the situation, and gm should b/c they should have never made a car to go over 65, the state b/c they didn't put dividers up, NOS b/c it was in his car........... I mean the list could go on if we are goin to go that route...

should brandon be charged with drag racing, yes. the others are complete B.S...... hell the girls parents should be suied b/c they was making her work while going to school to pay for her loans and the parents didn't save the money to send her to school and concentrate on her education only......

A cohort and I decide to rob a bank, during the robbery my cohort dies of 'the dangers that come with robbing a bank'. [/b]

Charge me with bank robbery, or if my cohort also hurt someone else during the robbery, aggrevated assault, and bank robbery.

your exapmle would end the same way.You would be charged in his death.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/nov/08/na-man-sought-accomplice-shot-during-robbery/

cliffs:

2 men tie up and rob a man at gunpoint,

victim gets away and wrestles gun out of one of the robbers hands

victim kills one robber the other gets away

police charge second man with murder, armed robbery and kidnapping even though the victim who fought back killed the other man.

The law is designed to scare people into not "helping" or participating in crimes.Example I ask you to be a look out while I break into a home and I try to convice you by telling you if we get caught you will be in less trouble since all you did was stand outside.

My thoughts go out to everyone involved in this racing tragedy.

brandon should be found not guilty, they just wanted a headline news story.

Sorry in advance for being so frank but this is my opinion.

No they need to pin a cause on a living person so that all parties can either greive or have releif in the public eye,

The public eye is dumb. The only thing they see is "street racing" They do not have insight on the situation like us. Just like most of us would not car or do not care about global warming for example.

Someone needed to take the fall for this, As stated before what about the following cars?...

I would say that maybe someone had a change of heart and decided that maybe they should not tap into George's family anymore and make sure that his kids are taken care of by there mother.

Lets say for example that my buddy asked me to follow them to the bank to make sure they got there ok.. then they robbed the bank and I left while robbig the bank someone dies. You can bet your ass that I would be indicted on charges and found guilty for some sort of crime.

Either way He should not get the charges brought fourth. Charge him for the crime committed "Street racing, Speeding, wrecklass Opp...

RIP,George. Best wishes to all families...

2 men tie up and rob a man at gunpoint,

victim gets away and wrestles gun out of one of the robbers hands

victim kills one robber the other gets away

police charge second man with murder, armed robbery and kidnapping even though the victim who fought back killed the other man.

I say that, that example is analogous in some ways and totally different in others. Those mainly being the 3rd party "victim", the intent to violently intimidate, and lastly the actual crime being a violent robbery and not an alledged "street race".

Example I ask you to be a look out while I break into a home and I try to convice you by telling you if we get caught you will be in less trouble since all you did was stand outside.

Again the crime involves knowingly victimizing another individual. In which case I completely agree that all parties are and should be held responsible. However if you fell off the roof and died while breaking in I should not be not be responsible for that. Just the burglary.

if you fell off the roof and died while breaking in I should not be not be responsible for that. Just the burglary.

So the law according to you would read:

"don't worry everyone, drag race or act-a-fool on the road all you want because if you kill someone or cause critical injuries to anyone other than yourself, all we're going to charge you with is drag racing or maybe even just speeding and you can then just go about your way. There's no real accountability necessary in our society.

Now should the people you're acting-a-fool with kill themselves, dont' worry there either because their actions don't affect anyone but them and their dead so they won't care. You're both in your own bubble with no accountability for each other or anyone around you.

In conclusion, relax because rest of the world around the two of you doesn't count and any fall-out / impact on them, their love ones and lives is just their own fucking dumb luck for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. We are going to tell them tough-shit, suck it up and forget about it because the world revolves around those that aren't accountable for thier involvement or actions."

Yeah, I see it now....that makes total sense and sure as hell pushes me to be more careful and live my life more responsibly among my fellow citizens who share the road with me. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I love how he is a street racer and there was a deadly race but yet no one was ever charged with street racing? man I can't stand the media........

why could they just state a young man was charged in a deadly accident?