People these days..

Farkas

Pretty random but a couple little things have occurred to me recently.

I work part time at Ruehl in Easton, and part of the job requires me to be a greeter and use our cheesy tag line, "Hey, how's it going" when people come into the store. To me this doesn't seem out of the ordinary to say to someone because its a simple gesture to greet someone nicely.

I've noticed one of two things seem to happen:

1. People won't acknowledge you- Not even a smile, nod or even look you in the eyes. I know the music is loud, but I know damn sure you heard me. It's not like I'm trying to be annoying and sell you shit, I'm just greeting you! I mean c'mon how hard is it to just say hey or hi or something.. I'm not doing this for my own health.

2. People don't shut the door- Yes, they leave it wide fucking open. Sometimes I wan't to ask if they live in a barn, to be honest. Not only that, but what kills me the most is that they will attempt to shut it and they see that it only shuts half way, yet they still walk away with the door open. EVEN BETTER, the stupid bitch on her cellphone that just swings the door wide open and just walks right in without shutting it. I bet you drove here with your cellphone glued to your ear too, you dumb whore.

What the hell are people thinking anymore? Is it really THAT hard to say hi or shut a door?

To sum it all up, people are assholes anymore. :o

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say hi to your goofy ass either.

and I already know that I'm an asshole.

:asshole:

no but really, in general.. even if you're not going to acknowledge me.. do you ignore everyone else in the world too?

Yup, retail. I'm the guy that has to deal with all of the complaints/situation oddities at Lowe's. I learned long ago that only ~1/20 of people that shop at my store will complain or act rude but it's always those few people that stick out in my mind.

You know what really annoys me? Other than idiots who are too scared to drive but do anyway. Fucking parents raising dumb ass kids, they don't behave, are rude, and just outright retarded. My daughter doesn't go out in public and embaras me, so WTF is wrong with the other parents?

:asshole:

no but really, in general.. even if you're not going to acknowledge me.. do you ignore everyone else in the world too?

I don't like strangers to talk to me, it pisses me off. Go find someone else to bug. The only thing worse is people trying to sell me something. I'm sure I actually come off as an asshole.

You know what really annoys me? Other than idiots who are too scared to drive but do anyway. Fucking parents raising dumb ass kids, they don't behave, are rude, and just outright retarded. My daughter doesn't go out in public and embaras me, so WTF is wrong with the other parents?

That's what I'm saying, are people raised this way now? Fucking, no manners at all. Same goes for driving, people drive like dipshits because there's no courtesy anymore.

I don't like strangers to talk to me, it pisses me off. Go find someone else to bug. The only thing worse is people trying to sell me something. I'm sure I actually come off as an asshole.

Funny thing is, I just say, "Hey" to whoever comes into the store.. there's nothing intimidating or annoying about it... just greeting you. We don't work off commission and usually we get complaints because nobody is around to help when someone wants help anyways :lol:

Funny thing is, I just say, "Hey" to whoever comes into the store.. there's nothing intimidating or annoying about it... just greeting you. We don't work off commission and usually we get complaints because nobody is around to help when someone wants help anyways :lol:

You greet me like that maybe you'd get the old what's up nod.

Simple niceties such as ... basic manners, are a lost art, usually reserved for the intelligent, non-slackjawed, non-furrow browed individuals that don't continuously drool all over themselves while struggling to comprehend the information their eyes, too quickly, transer to their brains.

Think of it like that, and everytime someone is rude, you'll laugh a little imagining them struggling to tie their shoes, or trying to remember which lung breathes first.

Simple niceties such as ... basic manners, are a lost art, usually reserved for the intelligent, non-slackjawed, non-furrow browed individuals that don't continuously drool all over themselves while struggling to comprehend the information their eyes, too quickly, transer to their brains.

Think of it like that, and everytime someone is rude, you'll laugh a little imagining them struggling to tie their shoes, or trying to remember which lung breathes first.

or you driving your Evo into a ditch j/k

me too. fuck this place.

wait.

actually, i dont think its too bad. its far enough from the city where theres no real annoyances, but close enough that i dont have to make a hell of a drive to get anywhere

but work being a 17mi one way to westerville sucks in the winter

Pretty random but a couple little things have occurred to me recently.

I work part time at Ruehl in Easton, and part of the job requires me to be a greeter and use our cheesy tag line, "Hey, how's it going" when people come into the store. To me this doesn't seem out of the ordinary to say to someone because its a simple gesture to greet someone nicely.

I've noticed one of two things seem to happen:

1. People won't acknowledge you- Not even a smile, nod or even look you in the eyes. I know the music is loud, but I know damn sure you heard me. It's not like I'm trying to be annoying and sell you shit, I'm just greeting you! I mean c'mon how hard is it to just say hey or hi or something.. I'm not doing this for my own health.

2. People don't shut the door- Yes, they leave it wide fucking open. Sometimes I wan't to ask if they live in a barn, to be honest. Not only that, but what kills me the most is that they will attempt to shut it and they see that it only shuts half way, yet they still walk away with the door open. EVEN BETTER, the stupid bitch on her cellphone that just swings the door wide open and just walks right in without shutting it. I bet you drove here with your cellphone glued to your ear too, you dumb whore.

What the hell are people thinking anymore? Is it really THAT hard to say hi or shut a door?

To sum it all up, people are assholes anymore. :o

Your door does not close on it's own ?

me too. fuck this place.

wait.

actually, i dont think its too bad. its far enough from the city where theres no real annoyances, but close enough that i dont have to make a hell of a drive to get anywhere

but work being a 17mi one way to westerville sucks in the winter

I live at Summit Station and Broad, I know what you mean :rolleyes:

Your door does not close on it's own ?

If you haven't been there before, it's basically modeled after what I would say a New York town home. The front doors are just like any other you would have on an actual house. So if you shut the front door in your house while you come in, what's so difficult about shutting our front doors?

Haha I used to work for one of the Limited brands. Do you know Trey (last name starts with an M) that works at Ruehl? He's a good friend of mine. Having worked in retail I always try to be as nice as I can to anyone that works in a store I go in to.

Why does everyone think that abercrombie, abercrombie and fitch, ruehl, hollister and gilly hicks are Limited brand? Its Abercrombie and Fitch plain and simple.

Used to work at the HO doing security, easiest job ever. Get paid to watch movies and look at hot girls.

when do you usually work at Ruehl?

Haha I used to work for one of the Limited brands. Do you know Trey (last name starts with an M) that works at Ruehl? He's a good friend of mine. Having worked in retail I always try to be as nice as I can to anyone that works in a store I go in to.

Yeah, Trey is a really cool dude... we always bullshit in the back about ninjas.

when do you usually work at Ruehl?

Usually every day, aside from Mondays and Wednesdays, 4-close.. my availability is going to change here soon when winter quarter starts at CSCC.

Pays shit, but god I love doing nothing and talking to hot chicks. http://forums.ytmnsfw.com/images/smilies/fap.gif

Where's the fap smilie when you need one?

*edit* Found one, I vote we add this to the smilies.

If you haven't been there before, it's basically modeled after what I would say a New York town home. The front doors are just like any other you would have on an actual house. So if you shut the front door in your house while you come in, what's so difficult about shutting our front doors?

Because when people go to stores they assume the door is going to shut on its own, like every other store in the country.