New standalone for my rotary

Twistedrx7

Well i remember you pming me on rx7club a long time ago asking me about josh's old rx7 at denny dotson. until you get some more time under your belt and experience i cannot really take what you are saying to the bank.

the only reason i pmed you was because you actually knew things about the cars history. as for time under my belt i may not have a lot but i understand these cars. i may not be able to fix every problem i may come across but i can do enough. and thats in my garage with hand tools. :p and the power FC is an amazing unit ive seen Jason and Zavier tune many cars using this ECU and they work wonders. plus what other ECU can you get that comes with a display as easy to read as the power FC.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay! I've only been doing this for what almost 10 years now, do a search on how many people have problem with pfc compare to other computers. If you are going to do a 20b in the next 2-3 yrs then go with a different computer, just keep in mind that a 20b swap is any where from 25,000-40,000. For 400-550rwhp the pfc is all you need, just because other shop can't tune a certian computer shouldn't be the reason why they want to sell you a different one. IF we can't tune it we will recomend other shops, The hks twinpower has been around for about 10 plus years and has been proven to work very well. My old setup made 620rwhp @ 22lbs with no spark issue, if it was my car i would junk the stock turbos. You are not going to gain anything running a bridge on stock turbo's. Ask a couple of local guy's like scott or tony to give you a ride in they're single set up.

the only reason i pmed you was because you actually knew things about the cars history. as for time under my belt i may not have a lot but i understand these cars. i may not be able to fix every problem i may come across but i can do enough. and thats in my garage with hand tools. :p and the power FC is an amazing unit ive seen Jason and Zavier tune many cars using this ECU and they work wonders. plus what other ECU can you get that comes with a display as easy to read as the power FC.

Easy to read? It is actually pretty hard to read it, the display is green and black. I may of come of as an ass earlier but i know you dont have experience with the pfc very much and the fact you probably havent seen the electromotive. Advice doesnt come from seeing what other people are using but more of what you have used and experienced. I usually do my research first on a project before i start it, and i wanted to see what others though of the unit.

Okay! I've only been doing this for what almost 10 years now, do a search on how many people have problem with pfc compare to other computers. If you are going to do a 20b in the next 2-3 yrs then go with a different computer, just keep in mind that a 20b swap is any where from 25,000-40,000. For 400-550rwhp the pfc is all you need, just because other shop can't tune a certian computer shouldn't be the reason why they want to sell you a different one. IF we can't tune it we will recomend other shops, The hks twinpower has been around for about 10 plus years and has been proven to work very well. My old setup made 620rwhp @ 22lbs with no spark issue, if it was my car i would junk the stock turbos. You are not going to gain anything running a bridge on stock turbo's. Ask a couple of local guy's like scott or tony to give you a ride in they're single set up.

+1

Lets not bash other shops here. I am not putting up shops here to compare things to. A 20b costing 25-40 grand really? Maybe if a shop is doing the work on it, and none of it is done by ones self. I would think around 15,000 at the max would be about right.

Now i know i am not the only one that thinks the twin power is junk. I dont see it as a real amplifier for an ignition. It is like i said a restrike system. It may have worked for you and others but out of an ignition i am looking for more.

I know the stock twins are not giving me anymore power. They are on until i get a single turbo setup. I never said that defined couldnt tune the system and talked me into a electromotive. In fact i havent talked to logan or any of them in a long time, and they had no influence over my decision. All i wanted was a price from defined autoworks.

I dont want either shop to take this as a pissing match. I dont care about which shop it goes to. All i wanted to know about was experience with the units and compare them and their features. It comes down to the fact that the electromotive is a superiour unit you cannot deny that. The PFC is a good choice as well it cost a 1000 bucks usually for a commander datalogit and PFC. It can do a lot of things but it cannot perform the same things the TEC3r can.

Seriously? explain your +1 to me in detail as to why you agree backed up with facts.

i agree because Zavier knows exactly what hes talking about. i would not let another person besides my self work on my Car. i trust everything he does when it come to RX-7's because his experience, also he is very good at letting you know whats going on and what needs to be done to your car. hes not going to play around with you and tell you that you need something when you dont.

i agree because Zavier knows exactly what hes talking about. i would not let another person besides my self work on my Car. i trust everything he does when it come to RX-7's because his experience, also he is very good at letting you know whats going on and what needs to be done to your car. hes not going to play around with you and tell you that you need something when you dont.

Did you read what i wrote before this post? because you answered none of it

I'm getting ready to pull a tec 3 out of a local car here to replace with a pfc, maybe you might want to buy this one. Also you might want to try and find out why the guy is selling the tech 3.

Is that the one you guys had issues keeping a saved tune? And sent it back to electromotive for "repair" ?