Police Impound Auction Dec 20

ForeverMaker

I can assure you the Camaro will not be there. It is still in Westerville and last my buddy talked to me about it(he is WPD) Deleware was still trying to take it.

He said that all the people that work in there try to go look into the car and look under the hood but the keys to it are the only ones that are not locked in evidence and kept by someone very important.

I can assure you the Camaro will not be there. It is still in Westerville and last my buddy talked to work(he is deployed with me and is WPD) Deleware was still trying to take it.

He said that all the people that work in there try to go sneak into the car and look under the hood but the keys to it are the only ones that are not locked in evidence and kept by someone very important.

That doesnt say much for the integrity of the Westerville Police Dept then.

There should only be 2-3 people or so with access to the evidence room. If either/any of those people couldnt be trusted to keep the evidence under strict control... then that could ruin a lot of cases for that dept for a very long time.

That doesnt say much for the integrity of the Westerville Police Dept then.

There should only be 2-3 people or so with access to the evidence room. If either/any of those people couldnt be trusted to keep the evidence under strict control... then that could ruin a lot of cases for that dept for a very long time.

I think from what he said everyone had access to it, but I am not sure. As for the integrity, I have no idea, but hey the keys never were obtained at all so it is hard to question it. Even if they are/were in evidence no one ever tried to check them out and its hard to tell if someone would have. Who knows reasoning behind them not being where they should be.

All vehicles are sold in "AS IS" condition, and most are sold on salvage titles.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the salvage titles are because most of the cars were towed from someones driveway or an illegally parked space so they don't have keys. You have to figure many of the cars were at least driven to where they got towed so they are drivable.

The Nov 15 auction was interesting. A lot of vehicles went for under $1000. There was a torched newer avalanche with a good engine that went for not much. Some real young kid got this Tahoe with big rims and a system for dirt cheap. A VW bug went for a bargain.. the winner could have easily turned around and sold it for 1-2k more.

Some tips: bring cash. and you have a day or so to get the car off the lot. So be prepared to jump-start the battery (or bring one) and be willing to go to a dealer to get a key.

the auctions move so quickly you can easily pick up a good deal.

if he got it back minus the nitrous kit big deal, i would take it back like that. Not like it costs that much to put a new one on.

if was dumb enough to put one right back on after going through what he's going through then he deserves pound me in the ass federal prison

I had a car towed about a year ago, and had to get it from the impound lot. They had dropped it WAY in the back, so naturally I got to look at just about everything as I walked back to it. Most of the cars I saw were typical late 80s to early 2000s drivers. There were some newer cars, mostly low end stuff like Kias and Focuses. There were a FEW high-end cars, but they looked to be theft recoveries and all of them had body damage or were on the ground.

One thing to be aware of is that the cars are not touched after they are hooked. So batteries are dead, the oil is old, there could be any number of things broken on the car.

any bikes for sale then?

The Nov 15 auction was interesting. A lot of vehicles went for under $1000. There was a torched newer avalanche with a good engine that went for not much. Some real young kid got this Tahoe with big rims and a system for dirt cheap. A VW bug went for a bargain.. the winner could have easily turned around and sold it for 1-2k more.