Why is christmas so expensive? Second job?

wnaplay1647545503

My wife is bleeding me dry at the moment. She has hardly bought anything but the money is bye bye. Christmas gifts for teenagers is rediculous. At this point, come dec 25th, my son will have nicer shit than I have. Well, time to put my male gigolo business plan into affect. If your moms, grandmas, or ugly sisters need a little lovin and they dont mind paying for it, please pm me their number. I will take trades for cars, grandpas old tools, graduation rings, damn near anything I can pawn. If she has a trade, tell her to just ask, the most I can say is no. I will take her out but she has to pay for my time and all expenses. I am also looking into selling blood or plasma. Need someone whacked? Pm me and we'll talk.

lucky for me, i had the chance to work a SHITLOAD of overtime in december, and my paycheck comes on the 19th. from the 2nd to the 12th i worked like 127 hours. add to the fact i had some money left over from vacation in july, this is the first year i dont really have a limit for stuff for my parents and brothers and sisters.

i know the feeling though, and it sucks. when i was a kid, we were happy with cheap ass gifts. stuff now a days is f'n expensive

can i ask why you would change jobs with a decrease in pay?

I had moved about as far forward with the company I could have. We were a small construction company. I had an opportunity arise which offered less pay but posed a different type of challenge. It has been a struggle for me personally. Not to mention I have other personal issues stemming from depression which makes it difficult for me to really enjoy anything. There were other issues besides these but thats it in a nutshell.

I figured out years ago to put some money into a savings account each paycheck. Nothing crazy, but enough so that it covers two things for the year:

1. My summer vacation to the 1000 Islands in New York

2. Christmas presents

Since I started doing that and I make my wife stick to a budget with that money, it works out well... :nod: