3 years and 3 cars rear ended WTF!

carl1647545492

This is an odd question, but do you hold the brakes down (like you would in an automatic) when you are at a stop? My friend trailed me once, and said she was confused when she came up on me, since my brake lights weren't on.

Now I always hold the brakes, even on flat surfaces. Just hadn't occurred to me before...

This is an odd question, but do you hold the brakes down (like you would in an automatic) when you are at a stop? My friend trailed me once, and said she was confused when she came up on me, since my brake lights weren't on.

Now I always hold the brakes, even on flat surfaces. Just hadn't occurred to me before...

x2 I drive a manual and when I'm on flat surfaces I get off the brakes. When I see someone coming up quickly, I put the brakes back to, just as a reassurance. Like, "Hey Bitch! Get off your damn phone and slow down your SUV!". LOL

I don't like to sit on the brakes. So at a stoplight, I'll let off or use the e-brake. But I'm always keeping an eye behind me. If I see a car coming I'll step on the brake until they come to a stop. I automatically assume every other driver out there is a moron with only a fraction of their attention on the road. So I use the brakes for a reminder that, yes, they have to stop, even though there's a stationary car in front of them.