The FUCKING Blue Jackets

HotCarl

awesome game against a quality opponent.

Comparing the Jackets season is like comparing to mediocre sex. No matter how much great foreplay, or actual length of time of intercourse may be you still gotta finish. End it with a bang for godsakes. It seems we always play quality top ranked opponents well and ALWAYS make them work for the points but we just dont finish the game. I did notice they played hard and physical ESPECIALLY in the 3rd when they needed it the most. Lets not forget that Peca got a chance to back up what he was saying (that veteran's need to step up and perform) and Umberger was able to get a little retribution for their loss to Chicago and lets not forget Mason's play, awesome just awesome.

I know its just one win but its a win that we can build momentum off of.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a fan since the beginning and still don't get them. They nearly dominated San Jose the previous meeting as well, even on their home turf. I was going to go tonight but I opted to watch it at home because I'm sick of spending money on a losing ticket. :(

Past couple Red Wing games I've seen, Jackets rack up points right away then epically fail in the third period. I fucking hate Detroit and all their fucking fans that I usually have to sit next to because they love infesting Nationwide Arena :mad:

I hate them as well. If you try to get the Green seats 2 hours before the game begins, most of the people in line have Wings jerseys on. :nono:

Mason was awesome last night, 46 out of 47 saves. Him and Brassard both have quality chances of winning rookie of the year.

It really has only been the vets scoring goals. Modin had 5 goals in the last 7 games going into last night's game. It's our stars on the first line that haven't really done much at all. I think we have a good chance in the next couple years to really turn some heads. Kris Russell has performed really good since been called back up, Dorsett is a great enforcer and doesn't take shit. Brassard is a beast and will probably be a superstar in the next couple years. Mason is going to be a huge superstar for the team as well.

This is something I've been annoyed with ever since I've been a fan: They bring their best game against the top teams (Red Wings, Sharks, ect.) but manage to fail against the bottom teams in the league (Islanders, Kings in previous years). There's just no consistency at all and it gets really tiring. I'm just praying for spot #8 this year.

Past couple Red Wing games I've seen, Jackets rack up points right away then epically fail in the third period. I fucking hate Detroit and all their fucking fans that I usually have to sit next to because they love infesting Nationwide Arena :mad:

sorry if we bother you?

i go to both games in the D and down there in cbus.... but ive been a wings fan since i was like.. 6 ...

I say we shop Leclaire (I like him and not throwing him under the bus). We got norrena who is OK in the minors and a sick up comer LaCosta. See if we cant snag up a star.

That won't happen for at least a year or two. Pazzy is still questionable due to his injuries, on whether or not he'll be able to stay a healthy, quality goaltender. And Mason is just too young to throw all this on him. If they both can maintain high levels of play for a year or two, one of them will probably get traded.

And FYI, Norrena is not in the minors, he chose not to report, so he is being released from his contract. He'll go back to Europe and play or retire... :nod:

That won't happen for at least a year or two. Pazzy is still questionable due to his injuries, on whether or not he'll be able to stay a healthy, quality goaltender. And Mason is just too young to throw all this on him. If they both can maintain high levels of play for a year or two, one of them will probably get traded.

And FYI, Norrena is not in the minors, he chose not to report, so he is being released from his contract. He'll go back to Europe and play or retire... :nod:

I agree. I just read about Norrena yesterday being sent to the crunch then today I hear he was cut or w/e.

Nash just had a great goal in the first 2 mins versus Dallas. That is what the Jackets need; early pressure and guys like Nash actually going out and making plays.

EDIT: ...and as I hit enter for this post, Dallas scores a sub-par goal on Leclaire. :(

Nash just had a great goal in the first 2 mins versus Dallas. That is what the Jackets need; early pressure and guys like Nash actually going out and making plays.

EDIT: ...and as I hit enter for this post, Dallas scores a sub-par goal on Leclaire. :(

Yeah, Leclaire is looking great. 5 goals on 15 shots. This is horrible.

I can't believe Brassard tried to fight Neal. I commend him for sticking up for his team, but that was just plain stupid. Neal is a tough guy and put a beat down on Brassard. I've met Brassard a couple times and he is pretty small. Now he's questionable for Saturday nights game.

Has anyone on here went and tried to get the Huntington $10 tickets before the games? What time do you have to get there to actually get a ticket? I'm thinking of going Tuesday vs. the Kings and seeing if I can get a $10 ticket.

Has anyone on here went and tried to get the Huntington $10 tickets before the games? What time do you have to get there to actually get a ticket? I'm thinking of going Tuesday vs. the Kings and seeing if I can get a $10 ticket.

I've had them for a ton of games. The booths open for sale 2 hours before the game, so if it starts at 7pm ticket sales begin at 5pm. However, they only sell around 2-300 tickets I believe so you'll need to be in line no later than 4pm.

Quite possibly the worst call Ive seen. There's no way that was a kicking motion it was an obvious (to ANYONE who has EVER strapped on skates) motion to keep from barreling into Turco. Next time I say fuck it barrel into the son of a bitch so they call a goal.

Did anyone see Hitch's post game interview? "We won that hockey game. I dont care what the Dallas Stars want to say or put on the score board, we wont that hockey game. I dont care what the NHL says about ANY call, we won that damn hockey game" He was right. At least we got a point but damn its gotta be hard for them to dominate (especially in OT) and not walk away with the W.

I would rather sit next to a knowledgable Red Wings fan (most are btw) than some redneck jackets "fan" who stumbled on some tix. I dont mind explaining some of the game to someone who might not know as much I just hate sitting next to someone screaming "KICK HIS FUCKING ASS BEAT HIM UP!" all game when.

Yeah it was dumb but at least he had the balls to stick up for his teamate. Word is its a seperated shoulder, out for 3-4 weeks. That will seriously hurt his rookie of the year run.

Green seats are easy to get. They start selling 2 hours before each game. If they sell out (which they never do) the next seat price is like a whopping 17$. I usually sit in the 32$ area. Not bad but not the greatest.

in for the tripple bitch's

If they sell out (which they never do) the next seat price is like a whopping 17$. I usually sit in the 32$ area. Not bad but not the greatest.

Last year, I witnessed 5-6 green seat sellouts. Though, it seems like attendance is lower this season so far and that might make a difference. This year I've sat in the 3rd row on the home-attack end a few times thank to my buddy who has season tickets. :D

Little off topic, but does anyone play in the adult leagues at the chillers?

I haven't for years, but I am this upcoming session. New team on Monday night's B league. I normally just do the Drop In's. :nod:

And yes, that call was total BS last night. I'm still pissed. :mad: