Anyone here own a Taurus Judge?

TTQ B4U

Any experience with it? What are your thoughts?

Looking to have this as another nice home defense piece. 3 #00 rounds and two .45's should be pretty good I would think.

It's not a motorcycle, or Buick so the natural response your going to get from Kenny is garbage. :lol:

Expect very, very mixed reviews on this one. I believe there are some posts in a couple threads about it inside the Gun section. Some articles say that the .410 dont carry enough ass to stop anything. Do a little bit of looking around in there and you can find it. I know 1Runnin72SST has one and really likes it. I have not shot it yet.

Any experience with it? What are your thoughts?

Looking to have this as another nice home defense piece. 3 #00 rounds and two .45's should be pretty good I would think.

Unfortunately I haven't got to shoot it yet (he moved just South of Chicago for a while and just recently moved back so haven't seen him much), but he seems to really like it.

Personally I'd stick to a 12 gauge or a regular handgun for home defense.

Good snake gun.

The ballistic reviews I have read say this is the only use for the .410 shells in the Judge.

I have been thinking about getting one as a snake gun when I go hiking at the Grand Canyon in April. I hate snakes.

Personally I'd stick to a 12 gauge or a regular handgun for home defense.

+1

a good thing about the 12 gauge, is when someone hears you cycle the action, they know exactly what it is (usually) and hearing that will make most people turn around and leave.

+1

a good thing about the 12 gauge, is when someone hears you cycle the action, they know exactly what it is (usually) and hearing that will make most people turn around and leave.

............................................................................*sigh*

+1

So they know where you are and can come shoot you?

+1

I have a nice Mossberg but what makes the Taurus nice is the size and being able to shoot both types of shells. 3" or 6" barrel, both types of shells and easy to take out of the safe at night and put in my bed stand then returning to safe in the morning.

Call me a nut, but I believe in home safety and have a gun on each floor of the house including the basement :D

It is a fun little gun.

First 2 round I run #7 shot. wont kill, wont over penetrate, will get thier attention and make ID easy if they turn and run to the hospital.

The balence is 45LC. Big hevy slow pice of lead, will stop then if the first 2 shels did not prove as enough deterent. Not a long range handgun, but in doors or during a carjacking, distance to target is not really an issue.

Running .410 slugs in it was pointless, not very acurate.

Also, 2.5" shells fit nicely, I had a problem with 3" shells extending beyond the cylinder and could not close to fire them.

It is a fun little gun.

First 2 round I run #7 shot. wont kill, wont over penetrate, will get thier attention and make ID easy if they turn and run to the hospital.

The balence is 45LC. Big hevy slow pice of lead, will stop then if the first 2 shels did not prove as enough deterent.

I used to keep my moss loaded with different rounds like that.

Not a long range handgun, but in doors or during a carjacking, distance to target is not really an issue. Running .410 slugs in it was pointless, not very acurate. Also, 2.5" shells fit nicely, I had a problem with 3" shells extending beyond the cylinder and could not close to fire them.

Good feedback...so you own one and would recommend it?

I haven't shot one myself, but the consensus of the reviews I've seen/read is that a 410 shot shell i just gonna piss the guy off, so I'd skip it and just buy a good .45LC.

Better yet, buy a 1911. More shots, and if you're worried about over penetration, buy some FMJ rounds for HD.

It is a fun little gun.

The balence is 45LC. Big hevy slow pice of lead, will stop then if the first 2 shels did not prove as enough deterent. Not a long range handgun, but in doors or during a carjacking, distance to target is not really an issue.

Running .410 slugs in it was pointless, not very acurate.

Also, 2.5" shells fit nicely, I had a problem with 3" shells extending beyond the cylinder and could not close to fire them.

+1 This is pretty much how I feel about the gun. Load the first two with the .410 to get their attention and the last 3 with 45LC to finish if need be. I like the gun for home defense due to the size. It is a great gun to have concealed by your bed and very easy to use. I am not totally about killing someone unless I have to ... the two .410 shots gives an aggressor ample warning and the 3 45LC gives me time to grab something else.

-Erik