Friendly weight loss competition?

Aaron

I am starting my diet/workout on January 1st. I was just wondering if anyone on here wanted or needed some support outside their family to do the same. My goal is to weigh myself on the 1st, and only weigh myself once a week. I used to be 260lbs in high school (2003) and am now around 340-350lbs. I used to play basketball 2-3 times a week and eat healthy. Now it seems I eat fast food or fried garbage at least every day, and basketball 2 weeks ago was the first real exercise I have had in about 2 years lol.

There was a friendly weight loss thread on another forum I was on years ago and it worked out pretty good. Some health nuts posted up workout recommendations and eating tips, and the fatties (me) would post up weekly updates and when they slipped etc.

Let me know, I am starting regardless of the responses, just thought it might be another outlet for help/support/rants etc.

Aaron

User name/Current weight/Target weight

MKV Aaron/345/260

Benner/315/250

True Blue/290/240

verse/250/220

super_gtp/210/175

FourString/320/250

LJ/200/180

copperhead/275/240

Scotty2Hotty/225/195

Tripleskate/185/160

KillJoy/200/185

neonkiller/185/160

HotCarl/230/210

MrAutoX/275/230

mikehaze/225/190

V8Beast/225/200

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benner, True Blue, sounds like there might be some interest in this, so throw out some ideas on if you want to throw $10 in on this as a prize, or just have a support system, potential workout partners etc.

Phil, looking to start easy. Probably mainly dieting in the beginning, maybe the first 2 weeks, maybe playing ball once a week, then throwing in a good solid overall body workout 3 days a week to that.

Any suggestions? What kind of info do you need to help with this? Thanks a lot man.

Guys can throw out some thoughts on if you want a competition, or just an update/support type thing.......

The update support type thread would work the best since this is over the internet. Maybe once we get our workout and exercise plan ready, we can each post up what they are to give others some help/info in planning/modding their workouts.

Why not I could stand to loose a few pounds. I start boxing on January 5th so I'm looking forward to that and I got my gear to play roller hockey so I'll be doing that once a week.

Everyone should post their current weight and a goal weight. I'm currently 210 and would like to be 175, my goal is to loose 35 pounds.

Good idea hopefully most people are able to stick with it, myself included.

Benner, True Blue, sounds like there might be some interest in this, so throw out some ideas on if you want to throw $10 in on this as a prize, or just have a support system, potential workout partners etc.

Phil, looking to start easy. Probably mainly dieting in the beginning, maybe the first 2 weeks, maybe playing ball once a week, then throwing in a good solid overall body workout 3 days a week to that.

Any suggestions? What kind of info do you need to help with this? Thanks a lot man.

i am acutally testing a better way to lose weight. the main problem people have is that they have 0 intrest in hitting the gym everday and forcing themselves to do shit they hate doing. but if you give them somthing that they might be intrested in then it doesnt become a job it becomes easier.

i.e: if you picked 3 sports you loved doing, and you got into 3 leagues, then you have obligations to be there. the next step would be driving yourself to be the best at that sport, forcing you to do a little extra and push yourself. the next thing i would work on is eating a little better and getting more sleep, that way you arnt so tired when you have to compete. test that out and tell me how much better you feel in three months.

i am acutally testing a better way to lose weight. the main problem people have is that they have 0 intrest in hitting the gym everday and forcing themselves to do shit they hate doing. but if you give them somthing that they might be intrested in then it doesnt become a job it becomes easier.

i.e: if you picked 3 sports you loved doing, and you got into 3 leagues, then you have obligations to be there. the next step would be driving yourself to be the best at that sport, forcing you to do a little extra and push yourself. the next thing i would work on is eating a little better and getting more sleep, that way you arnt so tired when you have to compete. test that out and tell me how much better you feel in three months.

I am going to start doing the CR basketball day. I am a bit sick now, so I won't know if I can do the one this weekend until closer to the day. But Basketball is really the only "sport" I like playing. I would play ultimate frisbe or flag football, but thats about it.

I actually like working out, I am just a lazy fuck, but I can't take it any more. I am disgusted with how I have let myself go. I am determined to stick with it this time.

I am going to start doing the CR basketball day. I am a bit sick now, so I won't know if I can do the one this weekend until closer to the day. But Basketball is really the only "sport" I like playing. I would play ultimate frisbe or flag football, but thats about it.

I actually like working out, I am just a lazy fuck, but I can't take it any more. I am disgusted with how I have let myself go. I am determined to stick with it this time.

The CR basketball is a great idea. Flag football would be one also. I will be posting up weekly numbers and will encourage anyone who wants to be healthy. Lets start it! I am also up for some sparring here and there also. That is a great way to get yourself where you wanna be. Training for boxing is intense.

that is a common problem with people, you need someone to workout with you that is in the same posistion. you always need someone to push you. people get pt because they need someone to push them, not for knoewledge, just to know someone is waiting for you will make you go to the gym and do your thing

The CR basketball is a great idea. Flag football would be one also. I will be posting up weekly numbers and will encourage anyone who wants to be healthy. Lets start it! I am also up for some sparring here and there also. That is a great way to get yourself where you wanna be. Training for boxing is intense.

if we got into a league that would be better. a low competitive league, get maybe 8 people together and hop into a league, that would be good shit

if we got into a league that would be better. a low competitive league, get maybe 8 people together and hop into a league, that would be good shit

If we got the people that would commit, we could register into a b-ball league easy! Games are usually saturdays starting at noon.

If we got the people that would commit, we could register into a b-ball league easy! Games are usually saturdays starting at noon.

I would join a league 100%. I am decent now, my endurance is what holds me back now. I can't play my best because of the shape I am in.

Or we can just keep doing the gym rentals. It would do until we can get some consistent people who might want to enter a league together.

I will most likely be playing in next weekends CR bball unless I am still sick.