OFFICIAL Weight Loss thread

Aaron

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any safe tips for cutting? That don't involve a gym membership or going down to no calorie intake?

And I'm not cutting carbs, I've been doing some low impact weight lifting and don't want to trash that. But, I would like to knock off another solid 10 pounds before I go to Florida in late January.

As of the "Offical" Start Date:

203.5 / 203.5 / 185

We are going to be having WAYYYY too much "fun" over New Years, so... I am not expecting this to go down in the next week. Mon, Jan 5 will be when I REALLY get started. Don't get me wrong, I am eating well for this M, T & W.... but from W-Su it will be killed! :D

Good Luck All!

KillJoy

Today is going to be my cutting back day. I drink pop often usually so I will cut back to just a few cans today, fewer tomorrow, and so on until my supply(not much left) here is gone. No more pop after that. All of my usual food portions for this week are going to be cut in half.

Anyone have any safe tips for cutting? That don't involve a gym membership or going down to no calorie intake?

And I'm not cutting carbs, I've been doing some low impact weight lifting and don't want to trash that. But, I would like to knock off another solid 10 pounds before I go to Florida in late January.

honestly cut your crabs you will force your body to hit your fat res. As long as you still have a good intake of protien you will maintain your muscle mass.

I dont 100% agree. I know this works for some but majority I have seen always fails to work.

It only works for me to put the size on first and then cut the fat away and trying to loose the least amount of mass as possible. If you were to cut up to the point you have a 6pack and thats where you want to be, even the leanest bulking cycle with proper diet will still add some curves around the edges. I guess its a loose loose game but for me I will just put on the fat. My metabolism has ownership over me.

I am in my bulking phase now. I just started Nov 25. I have went down almost 2% body fat and I have went up 10 pounds. I think around 3-4 pounds is water weight and it fluctuates here and there. For any that spent some time with me recently know that I got fat again this summer. Especially you guys that came out to the lake. I went from 185 and 12% at Memorial day to 200 and almost 20% by Labor day.

My stats when I started were 204 at almost 20%/now at 214-17%/My goal is 185 and 12% by Memorial day weekend which is right after the end of my deployement. I lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks last year and I think I can easily make my goal by using the last 3 month of my deployment to cut.

mass fluctuation is a hard ass way to do it there oprea,you dont want to fatten up then turn fat into muslce because you are using a weak base to build from. you want to decrease the fat in size so you have a better build and a much stronger in the long run.

hears what happens when you put muslce on top of fat, you bulk up a little bit,looks bigger cause of the size in general, but when you stop working out, the muscle softens up and you will just have doubled your soft muscle, and it will be harder to regain that strength all over again.

Today is going to be my cutting back day. I drink pop often usually so I will cut back to just a few cans today, fewer tomorrow, and so on until my supply(not much left) here is gone. No more pop after that. All of my usual food portions for this week are going to be cut in half.

Ditch the avatar!! :asshole:

Be careful about just cutting the entire food intake, if you start exercising you may not want to cut much of anything calorie wise depending on how much you're eating right now. It's what you eat.

I'm eating a lot more now than before and am still losing weight because I'm exercising so much, big difference is I'm eating 10 times better.

2 Wendy's grilled chicken sandwiches plain

1 slice whole wheat bread and 2 slices ham

I ate grilled salmon, wild rice pilaf, broccoli, side salad with ranch and 3 cheesy biscuits. Went to Red Lobster.

I usually eat 6-8 buiscuits, ceaser salad, double mashed potatoes along with 2 chicken breasts and 6 shrimp.

I am really proud of my first day. Did very well, and didn't starve myself. Basketball tomorrow also.

Phil is suppose to be a fitness trainer. I could lose 100lbs and still not have muscle. Changing my diet doesnt add muscle either. I am looking for a fitness regiment.

There are hundreds, even thousands of workouts out can find-many of them work well. If you want to gain size/strength-Do Chest-back-legs-Arms/Shoulders- on separate days, in some resemblance of that order. I could not recommend anything more not knowing what your current base is, but be easy the first few weeks will you get though the first few ruff recovery periods-by easy I mean 8-10 sets, no more weight than what you can do 8 times without a spot. You can do cardio AFTER your weight workout if you want, the weightlifting vastly amplifies your post workout cardio calorie burning.

If you want to focus on cardio-Pair Chest back- Then Legs Arms, but you will be limited to reps, and total weight lifted. This will allow you to do more cardio if thats to be your focus. Either way- you WILL loose weight.