Chilli making tips?

Zach1647545520

Guest 614Streets
Since it is winter time I am ready to slam on some good homemade Chilli. Does everybody make it the same way or what is your way of making it? I think I know some common ingredients like kidney beans, tomatoe paste and hamburger right?

I am a fan of good chili too. Add in some diced and sliced tomatoes. I think you should toss in tomatoe sauce as well. Splash of budweiser maybe....

peanut butter. sounds dumb, try it.

Yes I am drunk, why wouldn't I be. It is good shit y0

fuck. yes. peanut butter sandwiches on potato bread, dipped into some chili

for mine, i use

1lb ground beef

about 2/3 cup chopped onion

1tsp garlic, minced or pressed,

cook that together until beef cooked,

then add

14oz can of kidney beans (drained)

28oz can of Brooks chili mix (yellow can...i can only find it at kroger. its 2-3$) don't drain!

14oz can diced tomatos with juice

2tsp chili powder

1tbsp of sugar

its not spicy chili, but i was never a fan of spicy chili. i just like it hot and hearty

fuck. yes. peanut butter sandwiches on potato bread, dipped into some chili

for mine, i use

1lb ground beef

about 2/3 cup chopped onion

1tsp garlic, minced or pressed,

cook that together until beef cooked,

then add

14oz can of kidney beans (drained)

28oz can of Brooks chili mix (yellow can...i can only find it at kroger. its 2-3$) don't drain!

14oz can diced tomatos with juice

2tsp chili powder

1tbsp of sugar

its not spicy chili, but i was never a fan of spicy chili. i just like it hot and hearty

Thanks I shall try that. And to make up for the non spicy part of it I will just throw a lot of franks red hot on top of it. Oh and can't forget the shredded cheese on top melting!

Thanks I shall try that. And to make up for the non spicy part of it I will just throw a lot of franks red hot on top of it. Oh and can't forget the shredded cheese on top melting!

whatever floats your boat. let me know how you like it. i dont usually do cheese but im sure it'd be good.

Bush's (the baked bean people) make a product called "Chili Magic" - it's got beans and spices already in it. Add a can of diced tomatoes (perhaps w/jalapenos) and a pound of ground beef (or your choic of meat) and you have a decent chili. Chili Magic comes in mild/medium/hot, but I can never seem to find it in Columbus, usually have to buy a few cans when I'm traveling in Cinci or Dayton.

And yes, chili is always better when cooked longer - or on "day two" (leftovers!).

Last time I made a pot of chilli:

1 lb of ground beef

1 lb of ground sausage

1/2 pound of bacon (cooked)

about 1 lb of smoked sausage

1 medium sized flank steak

1 big can of bushes baked beans

two cans of tomato Soup

1 can of crushed tomatoes

Two cans of Chilli starter (medium hotness)

onions/green pepper obviously and some chilli powder.

I like the carrol shelby mix Also lots of hot peppers helps too

Try his actual recipe sometime. It'll keep you warm for a week.

1/4 cup cooking oil or 1/4 lb. suet

1 lb. beef round, coarse chili grind

1 lb. beef chuck, coarse chili grind

8-oz. can tomato sauce

12 oz. beer

1/4 cup ground hot red chile*

2 medium cloves garlic, minced

1 small onion, finely chopped

1-1/4 tsp. dried oregano (preferably Mexican)

1/2 tsp. paprika

1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin

1-1/4 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

3/4 lb. Monterey jack cheese, grated

Melt suet or heat the oil in a heavy 3-quart (or larger) pot over medium-high heat. Remove the unrendered suet and crumble meat into the pot. Break up any lumps with a fork and cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is evenly browned. Add tomato sauce, beer, chile, garlic, onion, oregano, paprika, 1 t. of the cumin, and salt. Stir to blend and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding cayenne pepper. Simmer uncovered 1 hour longer. Stir in the cheese and the remaining 1/2 t. cumin. Simmer 1/2 hour longer, stirring often to keep cheese from burning.

* The cookbook really calls for this much, but unless you have a taste for fire, use less! I use half this amount, and I really like hot food.

i just make mine from scratch but if you want the best chili ever goto andersons and get bison. since its almost 100% lean you can put it in uncooked and mix together with all the chili seasonings without getting a greasy mess. the flavor is awesome.

Chili made in the crock pot is awesome.

We get a preseason packet (yes im that lazy), and other various red pepper/ powders we have around the house

1Can Red Beans,

1Can Black Beans

1 Cup Corn and

Cilantro... (this is a flavor i am in love with)

1 Cup of salsa,

1lb Beef (careful what fat content you get, though 95/5 is better for you, its not necesarrily a chili meat, since there is less fat to suck up the seasonings, i stick with 85/15)

1 can of http://www.shopfoodex.com/images/01267CF%20chil%20demo3.gif or petite cute tomatoes

Brown your beef

Simmer ALL day long..

*i personally think adding tomato paste sounds terribly nasty*

Me and Kristy just got a croc pot for xmas and will probably make some chili in the next week or so. I'm not a huge fan of chili....but do love me some fuckin skyline chili. lol

Skyline Chilli? Well I had their other food and it wasn't too good. So I'll pass on their chilli. I get Wendys Chilli from time to time and mix in a few packets of their hot seasoning sauce.