I-71 Race Punishment

99FLHRCI

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
the car and the cars history he has will have nothing to do with his rates. Depending on his MVR and what he was actually charged with he will be high risk for the next 5 years. Nothing more.

the car will most certainly effect his rates....my insurance company wants 800 every 6 months for my probe, and i used to pay 400 on top of that for full coverage on my stang as a recreational vehicle...they found out i had a few tickets and now probe is the same rate, but they want 4k every 6 months for my mustang....having a "camero" and a bad driving record will not be good on insurance

P.S. According to the document, he will keep the car as long as the nitrous kit + instrumentation, slicks, and anything else racing related (assuming from the wording and intent) are removed from the car and surrendered to the court within 60 days of November 24th. If he fails, they will take the car.

now this sounds possible. otherwise i really couldnt see delaware (or who ever is handling this) wanting to pay for a ton of stock parts to de-mod his car with.

Dude, is it really needed to have that ugly bitch in your av?

Seriously?

Funny you should mention that. Before I even saw your post above I was thinking about changing it because she is just THAT bad to look at. Makes my stomach curl. Changing now...

he COULD get the felony droped. exsponged is what it is called. a guy i worked with was a mansfield prison guard and got caught bringin drugs into them and got it exsponged. I think you have to wait 7 years though..

you can only get it exsponged if this his his only thing on his record, in ohio if you have anything else on your record it stays on for life, trust me ive gone through this.

Dunno if this was covered as I gave up after page 3, but if he didn't get a felony, he got off lucky. I'm not saying what he got doesn't suck the big one, but in many states, if not all by now, it is a felony to run, period. I remember in Cali when they first changed the laws after there were high speed chases literally at least twice a week around just Orange and LA counties.

Good luck with it all, Linn.

Fork in the road of life time I guess.

I'm just glad no one got hurt during the whole thing. I don't have an opinion cuz I don't know the man so I have no right to say what he did or didn't deserve.

I will only add that he seems to have used up any "do overs" If he gets clocked doing 62 in a 55, the book will most likely be thrown at him. Just be careful.

Good luck, and I'm glad this chapter of his life is closed.

the car will most certainly effect his rates....my insurance company wants 800 every 6 months for my probe, and i used to pay 400 on top of that for full coverage on my stang as a recreational vehicle...they found out i had a few tickets and now probe is the same rate, but they want 4k every 6 months for my mustang....having a "camero" and a bad driving record will not be good on insurance

no you misunderstood me I was referring toavengers post where he implyed the cars history will be a facor which it won't. As for his overall rates yes they will go up for that car due to his record but not becuase of the car or its history.

I actually asked my agent what would happen in a situation like this a few years ago. Her reply was that there was no way in hell that they would continue insurance to anyone involved in street racing, nor would they offer a policy to an applicant who retained the vehicle involved in the charge. Now, I have to admit I'm assuming that all insurance companies operate pretty much the same way. And I have no idea how they would find out it was the same vehicle, but I would assume that the DMV report would list the VIN of the car the offense occurred in as well as the original charges.

Guest tbutera2112
I actually asked my agent what would happen in a situation like this a few years ago. Her reply was that there was no way in hell that they would continue insurance to anyone involved in street racing, nor would they offer a policy to an applicant who retained the vehicle involved in the charge. Now, I have to admit I'm assuming that all insurance companies operate pretty much the same way. And I have no idea how they would find out it was the same vehicle, but I would assume that the DMV report would list the VIN of the car the offense occurred in as well as the original charges.

ive been charged with street racing, reckless op, speeding x3, unnecessary squeeling of tires *this one was bs*, failure to signal, and driving without headlights (i turned them on as i was pulling away from the gas pump, the cop says i had to have them on before moving...whatever, dick) and i still have insurance...it depends on the company

Guest tbutera2112
Yeah, but don't you pay some ridiculous amount every month? I pay $53/mo for the Formula with four speeding tickets and being single. This is a $200 deductible and $10k extra waiver to cover the mods.

oh you bet your ass i do lol...i was just saying that it is "possible" to get insurance....i pay 1600 a year for minimum coverage on my 94 probe...they want 4grand every 6 months for my mustang, so it just sits in my garage

Anthony, is that with the agreed value type coverage with the limited(no driving to work) use restriction, or is a normal policy? I've been wanting to do the mod coverage but my company only has some stupid $1k limit or something and I couldn't stand not driving it to work.

Yeah, but don't you pay some ridiculous amount every month? I pay $53/mo for the Formula with four speeding tickets and being single. This is a $200 deductible and $10k extra waiver to cover the mods.

$126 a year on my R6, through progressive... HOLLA!!

They reported this on WNCI this morning. The prosecutor was on there saying he would be driving a very stock Z28. I about wrecked I laughed so hard.

Glad to see you made it out of this with minimal damage Jon. Good luck.

Did he mention a stock bottom end as well?