99FLHRCI

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I-71 racer gets brief jail term, fine, other punishments

Monday, December 29, 2008 11:51 AM

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

DELAWARE, Ohio -- A Westerville man who eluded police after street racing along I-71 last summer will be driving only to work for the next three years.

A judge today sentenced Jonathan Linn, 26, to serve three years of community control, similar to probation, and suspended his license with work privileges.

Linn also will serve four days in the Delaware County jail, spend two weeks under house arrest, perform 200 hours of community service and pay a $1,000 fine.

Linn pleaded guilty in November to one count of failure to comply with an order or signal of a police officer.

"I take full responsibility for my actions, and I know what I did was incredibly stupid," Linn told Common Pleas Judge Everett H. Krueger this morning.

Prosecutors have said that on July 12, Linn joined 15 to 20 other drivers in stopping traffic on I-71 near Polaris and then racing north at more than 100 mph.

Most of the racers got off I-71 at the Rt. 36/Rt. 37 exit. The largest group headed east to Sunbury and then south on Rt. 3, where troopers blocked the road near Galena.

Police say Linn eluded a road block on Rt. 3 near Galena while racing past a state trooper who clocked Linn's Camaro at 123 mph.

Linn sped through three stoplights before pulling over his car and surrendering.

4 days for fleeing? Money or blow job?

Oh, and I'll rent this space out. $1/per line.

It doesn't sound like he got off too easy.. 3 years of community control and suspended license with only work privileges, 4 days in Jail, 2 weeks house arrest, 200 hrs community service and a grand in fines. I don't know what everyone else was thinking his punishment would be, but if you think about his crime (running from a speeding ticket) that sounds like a pretty tuff one there.