CR Road Racing Day?

MrMeanGreen

CR will be doing four drag days this year, but I'm curious if people would be interested in a road race event?

If you're SERIOUS about signing up, post in here so I can get a tally. Brian and I can work on dates and pricing if there's enough interest. Something of this type will probably require a deposit, so be aware this will be passed on to the members.

I'd also like to know some tracks to look at. Maybe Mid-Ohio or Nelson Ledges? Lemme know.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mid ohio....makes you have in class bullshit. and is very expensive.

Nelson- $120 a day...get in your car and tear up the track. usually 3-5 20 minute sessions on the track.

I am in. Im sure Andy has more details than me, he goes way more.

A CR track rental is probably going to be pricey, no matter how you slice it.

Luckily, if you're willing to drive a bit, you've got options!

I'd look at Putnam Park. It's a great track, reasonable prices (Mid Ohio is hugely expensive), but it's west of Indy. Still about the same drive-time as Nelson, and a better track.

You're also going to be relegated to weekdays. Weekends are more expensive and are always scheduled waaaaaay in advance.

If you're willing to drive up to Michigan, there are a couple good tracks up there as well, and dont forget Beaverun in western PA.

So, the list of available tracks:

Mid Ohio: I wouldn't bother asking, we can't afford it)

Nelson Ledges: Do we even know who owns them anymore?

Putnam Park: Great track layout and surface, spartan facilities, probably the best value.

Gingerman: Good prices and availability, but far away.

Waterford Hills: Simple, small, cheap.

Beaverun: Very nice joint, fairly new, gobs of elevation, not sure what prices are anymore.

Bluegrass: Probably expensive, brand new, ambitious project that looks fun as hell.

afraid to get beat by one?

I think its a safety issue.

Adam you gotta think a small little shifter cart vs a 3000lb or more car, due to the fact that you don't know if the driver of the shifter cart knows what he is doing and slides out on the track when a 3000lb car traveling at excessive speeds can't stop and just mows right over the shifter cart and the driver.

thats my thinking on that subject, its a safety and liability issue for the track

I think its a safety issue.

Adam you gotta think a small little shifter cart vs a 3000lb or more car, due to the fact that you don't know if the driver of the shifter cart knows what he is doing and slides out on the track when a 3000lb car traveling at excessive speeds can't stop and just mows right over the shifter cart and the driver.

thats my thinking on that subject, its a safety and liability issue for the track

i was just joking with him but the shifter kart will do 110 on the straights