1.8T guys step in...

Clifford Automotive

There are tons of exhausts for the 1.8T. I would suggest looking on youtube to listen to some various versions. Neuspeed and AWE always sound the best to me. They have a great sound, and are usually not overly loud and should be great options. Check out the classifieds section of vwvortex for the MKIV. You might be able to pick up a used one cheap.

Get a OBX downpipe/test pipe and Ebay exhaust they are all steal and do the same thing. Less restrictions equals more HP. That k03sport turbo isnt gonna hurt too much of any parts on your car except tires.

No joke.

Chip it and Put in a VR6 clutch in it and call it a day.

Trust me that vr6 clutch held for a lil bit with my 35r.....

Aww Shit, there is a specific tool?

Shit, Rob made me learn how to pull my own trans.

I can drop it and put it back in in less than 3 hrs if needed. On jack stands. You will need a 12 point that I have to take the axle bolts off and a 30mm to take off the end nut on the wheels.

Take off the passenger side hub of the trans and it will slip out allot easier, be careful or you will spill trans fluid all overyourself when pullin it out.

I think I dropped mine 4-5 times last summer..... 2 times in one day cause SPEC told me something would work... But +1 for spec there clutch has outlasted 2 trans..

Will you be doing this in your shop?..

Yeah I will be doing the car in my shop. Its not like I cant pull the tranny. I just hate doing mechanical work on FWD cars.

I have all the tools necessary to do the work except the triple squares.

Make sure the clutch fork doesnt slip out of place also, Put two bolts on then check the clutch.

I did that twice and had to drop it over.

Napa sells the 12points, and to take out the passenger hub on the trans I think its a 12mm allen key and you wil need a long exstension.

Just some helpful tips.

Make sure you get VW trans fluid also, you will prolly spill some.

Good Luck

Get this clutch, do NOT re-use the stock Dual-Mass flywheel.. they should not be resurfaced and a new one is over $400 dollars. This is the best alternative with great results... it's a VR6 sachs clutch replacement with a billet steel light weight flywheel.

http://fourseasontuning.com/?product=101

This is the same clutch setup I'm running in my 337 and it's fantastic, the response and grab is perfect.. only difference is my 6spd has a larger diameter, but I linked you to the equivalent for 5spd. Also, my buddy is running that same clutch setup in his JTI and it's flawless.

As far as exhaust, get a GHL or APR 2.5in turbo back.

Check and see if you have an after market diverter valve as well.

Edited by Farkas

Depending on what you're doing to the car, go with a 2.5" catless and a Magnaflow. Also, I would recommend doing a G60 flywheel with the VR6 clutch asap. I am doing my buddies right now. As Shanton said, do the down pipe while you are at it since they're dirt cheap on fleebay.

Put on stock clutch back in it, take out the chip and just drive it Kev, those engines are trash, and so are the turbo's.

Shanton was right and I guess if I had 1 of those cars I would put in a VR6 clutch, but you will need a G60 flywheel.

Put on stock clutch back in it, take out the chip and just drive it Kev, those engines are trash, and so are the turbo's.

Shanton was right and I guess if I had 1 of those cars I would put in a VR6 clutch, but you will need a G60 flywheel.

call me mang I need your help, voicemail was full last time.

Im pming you right now also.

2.0T > 1.8T

:rolleyes::bs::gtfo:

2.0lt is the worst engine out... I see them broken EVERYDAY. If you can keep intake cams on it, and the engine lites off, it might turn out to be a good engine someday.

A 1.8 aint the worst engine the more I think about, What makes a 1.8t bad is when the turbo is stock and people push it to limits... as if it already aint at the limits in stock form, and or people dont bother to change the oil. Basically what I mean by that is Passat's or anything that Audi had something to do with it.

2.0t= Fail

Mod for mod they are faster, you can't deny it. :p

I have had zero problems out of mine honestly.

Kevin, perhaps you can be the example, flash & exhaust 1.8T VS Flash & TP 2.0t. ;)

Oh, The 2.0T has been on ward's 10 best engines list every year since 2006. I don't believe the 1.8T has that honor. :p

Guest Removed

Oh, The 2.0T has been on ward's 10 best engines list every year since 2006. I don't believe the 1.8T has that honor. :p

:rolleyes:

its still POS

and if you look over the past 5 years on the wards list, there a few POS engines on there!