5 Guys Burgers and Fries at Polaris

Buck531

Anyone been there? I was there the other day as they just opened.

Good stuff. They pump out the burgers and fries faster than any fast food place does. Kinda pricey but I had a lot. :)

All of their burgers are two patties (unless you get the smaller version I guess). Then you can add a LOT of condiments. Grilled onions, and all the other junk.

Fries are good. I didn't know this when I went there but I guess you can get your fries "cajun seasoned" that has a good kick to them.

My lunch alone was $12.50 but I got a bacon cheeseburger, large fries and large drink.

Very simple. The ONLY thing they have are .. burgers, hot dogs and fries. They serve it in a brown paper bag, the fries in a stirofoam (sp) cup and you get no trays.

My order was 80. When we left they already went around and the order was 70 when we walked out.

If you like burgers and are near Polaris I'd give them a shout.

When we got there the line was out the door, but I was ordering in 5 minutes and had my food in another 3-4 minutes.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$12.50 for burgers/fries/drink? no thanks.

sounds like their menu is like raisin cane's though. only one thing really, but comes in different portions

I had the most expensive shit on the menu though. My bacon cheeseburger was $5.89 but it was DAMN good.

Probably around $4.50 for a cheese burger, 2.99 for a regular fry (the large was 4.99 and they give you a LOT.

Bad ass. We had one out in PA where I went to college.They've been rated as the best burger and fry joint nation wide a couple times. Oh and unless they've changed it there stuff is all natural (except for condiments of course)

still. i could take 3 people to steak and shake w/ their 4$ meals for that.

who knows. maybe some day ill be in the area and try it.

Sorry, but Five guys > steak and scrape. I never liked Steak's bugers and they just had this flavor to them. The burgers are incredibly small for for how much you pay (just because they're steak burgers they can bump up the price a dollar per burger). Fuck that.

Ain't been there, but just saw and will be going. So far my favorite is Cheese Burger in Paradise. Tried Red Robins recently and that burger wasn't worth McD's prices and the steak fries were worse.

I used to like Cheeseburger in Paradise, but then they changed their recipe for both my favorites and I can't stand them now. Red Robin is... OK.

I'll have to give this 5 Guys place a try.

I love nothing more than a good burger. I used to work at Fuddruckers (now THAT was a good burger), and would eat at least one a day and I never got tired of it. Red Robin has been my substitute since then, I almost always get the whiskey river burger, but last night I had the banzai burger, it was pretty much fantastic. Oh yeah, Fuddruckers fries DESTROY anyone elses.

But yeah where exactly on Polaris is this place?

Just went there again for lunch :).

Wife had a hot dog. So did I along a cheeseburger. Hot Dog was pretty good. I thought it would have been a bigger dog but it was ok. I tried the cajun fries (just got a regular. HOLY SHIT. 1: there's an assload of fries. 2: they're spicy :). 3. I got just one regular Fry and my parents along with my wife split that whole regular fry. I forgot they dump practically another regular fry in the bag loosely.

Bill was $23. 2 Cheeaseburgers, 2 hot dogs, 2 regular frys. Feeds a family of 10 (j/k).

Just went. Good burgers. They don't seem to be seasoned, just good meat on a grill that cooks only burgers. I had a Bacon Cheeseburger with BBQ sauce. The BBQ sauce was the only disappointment. It tasted more like steak sauce. Not bad, but not what I was expecting. Plenty of meat and plenty of cheese, I was very pleased there. The bacon was good too, not overcooked which is tough with the volume they're doing.

Fries are good; a regular puts a McD's large to shame. I didn't try the cajun spices, but did grab some salt, there wasn't much on the fries as-is. Good flavor, you can taste potato rather than "generic fry", but they were a bit too soft for my taste.

Overall, I really liked it. Another bonus is that they have Coke Zero (it's the last spigot on the second machine). The line was long, but it went fast enough. But that's not their fault. There were 12! people behind the counter. They can't fit any more back there, so they were certainly trying to keep the line under control.

I'll go back. I've cut back on burgers, but I'll make an exception for these.

expensive fast food pisses me off. I will not pay almost $6 for a cheeseburger unless I'm getting waited on or it includes the side and drink.

I went to chipotle and they raised their prices to 6.35 for just a burrito, no guac no extra anything. Its going to be tough but I'm not going back there.

I bet this burger place is great but thats way too much for a fast food joint