Got into OSU!!!

ISpoolOldSchool

I went to Miami last year...it sucked, soooooooooo many stuck up people. The school is great, but I could not deal with all the dbags there. So I transferred to Ohio State. I am actually in the mechanical engineering program at OSU now. Its definately not easy, you will have to study a lot.

how do you like that program? what are your classes like now? ive got some decent grades and a good act score (3.75 and 31 respectively), know anything about scholarships?

thanks a lot guys, im pretty excited to go up there.

i dont want to but its getting to the point i have to. i may have the camaro sold so i might be able to keep it.

are you wanting one?

I've got too much other shit in the works for that. Just giving you shit since you're rocking my quote on the other forum. :p

Congrats on OSU, engineers tend to drink a lot. Enjoy your time, the job after blows.

fill out a FAFSA, you never know you might get lucky, plus OSU makes you do it if you want any financial aid or loans.

ROTC, do it while you're in school, should be able to get a scholarship if you keep your grades up and you have a guaranteed job when you get out.

I've got a double major so I'm on the 5 year plan too, and I took a couple years off after my freshman year, so I guess I'm on like the 7 or 8 year plan. No biggy though, as long as you actually work hard to get it doneit will mean something

I've got too much other shit in the works for that. Just giving you shit since you're rocking my quote on the other forum. :p

Congrats on OSU, engineers tend to drink a lot. Enjoy your time, the job after blows.

haha i hear ya. i really dont want to sell it, i like it too much, if i do end up selling it though id have a little cash left over to start on the project of turboing the camaro. i think the buick is more fun though, i guess we'll see what happens

ive got fasfa filled out, and im not a big partyer, ive usually got better stuff to do, the biggest problem i have is staying focused in the basic classes like english, i fucking hate english classes.

other good thing about going up there: you have a 1/4 mile thats less than 3 hours away haha. from me right now im pretty sure national trail is the closest, that or clay city. both are about a 2.5-3 hour drive depending on the driver

how do you like that program? what are your classes like now? ive got some decent grades and a good act score (3.75 and 31 respectively), know anything about scholarships?

thanks a lot guys, im pretty excited to go up there.

I'm sure you will get some scholarships with a 31 on the act. I'm a senior studying mechanical engineering at osu. If you can get a 3.75 in college you will get some scholarships just for being smart. The cutoff is around 3.5. I have just below that and get a weak $500 a year. None of the classes are hard if you go to class and do the work. I study for midterms the night before the test if I study at all.

"hey my son got into [osu]"

"what did he have to do, open the door?"

[/family guy]

actually its not dumb! OSU is considered a Harvard like school that isnt ivy league

:lol:

Seriously though despite this retarded comment above, OSU is well rated on a national level; it's certainly a top tier school in terms of business schools and they have a lot of good professors. Just do your best to take small classes and it's easy to get a good eductation. Congrats.

edit: and remember, your college experience is what you make of it. Its really easy to party it all away and learn nothing, but if you maintain a balance between fun and work you can make it the best years of your life that will really set you up for a good future.

haha thanks guys. i know its not a big deal, but i chose this school over harvard (sounds dumb as hell right?) but im just real excited to be involved in their automotive engineering program there.

Did I miss something? You chose to go to OSU over Harvard? And your going to OSU for something you could do in a tech school?

you cant get a masters in mechanical engineering and have a specialization in automotive engineering at a local tech school... you can hardly get a masters in anything

im hoping i wont have much english to deal with, ive taken 101 and 102 already, which gives me 6 credit hours if they let me transfer it. i think you need 10 or 11 for a mechanical engineering degree, so ill probably have to take a class like 151 and a technical writing class. idk the equivalent numbers for ohio, that was wv shit.