Some of the best car advertising I've seen

TTQ B4U

Hyundai is still a Hyundai.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/11/first-hyundai-genesis-coupe-crash-looks.html

Hmm, classic front-offset crash, can't get much closer to the exact situation they try to replicate during testing, and the airbags failed to deploy...I'm gonna have to see a LOT of STELLAR reviews to make me forget that one...

Still a hyundai!

I can say in terms of minivans, their unit is by far better than the name reveals. We have a 07 Entourage SE with everything but leather and having had an 03 Honda Oddy, I can say I'm 110% sold.

I drove the 07 Oddy side by side and even brought the Hyundai to the Honda dealer and there's zero chance in hell any one here will justify a $9,600 difference in price.

The only thing the Honda guys could come up with that was substantial was resale. My response was absolutely agree. I sold my 03 Accord for $6k less than I paid for it 3yrs and 32k on the ODO later....but in terms of our van, I wanted my resale value difference that day. Not to mention the financing was 0% for 5yrs vs 3yrs on Honda. Saved me from stroking a check for the van.

Again, perhaps a few minor differences, but interior quality is 100% on par with Honda in terms of our van. I would love to bump the 3.8l in the van from it's 250hp to 300+ :) She moves pretty good now as it is for a van.

I'd drive the new Genesis Coupe in a heartbeat and not be conscious of the brand.

Guest fist302

Pretty cool for a Hyundai. A factory turbo RWD is something i wish i saw more of.

I still cant accept Hyundai as performance or luxury brand yet. The brand image just reminds me of sub 10k shitbox cars. They are trying though.

Hyundai will need more than one decent performance car to get a good rep, but this is a step in the right direction. Evo motor doesn't hurt, all the mod research will be done for you. Up to the point you kersplode your tranny.

I like Hyundai, but if I were to get a manual-transmission, RWD V6 coupe there are a ton of other great options, particularly the new Camaro (300hp 3.6L) or a used Infiniti G35 Track edition (~300hp, Brembo brakes).

I think price is going to be a huge factor in this segment. If the 2.0T can be had for the lower end of $20k (fully optioned) then that may be the one to get. If the engine is worth anything it shouldn't be that difficult to get 308hp or more from it...

EDIT: FWIW, I still believe...especially in this world economic crisis today...if you're in the position to get a car you'd be foolish to buy new. TONS of great used cars on the market today.

Server must be broken.. All I see is the racing road with the "Limited SLip Differential" "3.8L V6" etc looping over and over...

looped like 4 times for me before it proceeded any further.

Great advertising. The driver either needs to learn how to drive Road Atlanta correctly, or drift better because he did neither well.

Who's V6 comes from the factory with more power than your V8 mustang did stock.

Oh noes!!!! 6 more horsepower :jerkit: but 54 less ft-lbs of torque....

Just putting it back into perspective. Besides, there are alot more capable V6's out there (and 4 cylinders for that matter).

It's a step in the right direction (RWD), but they should have used the 4.6L v8 from their sedan :confused:

Oh noes!!!! 6 more horsepower :jerkit: but 54 less ft-lbs of torque....

Just putting it back into perspective. Besides, there are alot more capable V6's out there (and 4 cylinders for that matter).

It's a step in the right direction (RWD), but they should have used the 4.6L v8 from their sedan :confused:

It's already nearly 3400lbs with the V6. And depending on how stout the 2.0 is, it might be the better choice since it's roughly 100lbs lighter to start with.

It looks like the last Tiburon, which I thought looked cool, but was disappointed that it was FWD. I wouldn't mind being seen in a Genesis coupe, but it'd need to go on a diet. New cars are getting too heavy.

Guest Removed
Hyundai will need more than one decent performance car to get a good rep, but this is a step in the right direction. Evo motor doesn't hurt, all the mod research will be done for you. Up to the point you kersplode your tranny.

hyundai/kia is the 6th largest auto maker now. they are looking to take out who ever they can.

That's next. I saw the working prototype last April in Chicago with a friend who is a district mgr for them. Not sure when or if they will be rolling it out.

looped like 4 times for me before it proceeded any further.

Great advertising. The driver either needs to learn how to drive Road Atlanta correctly, or drift better because he did neither well.

I believe the driver is Rhys Millen. I and think he is a pretty good driver and also competent at drifting.

I like Hyundai, but if I were to get a manual-transmission, RWD V6 coupe there are a ton of other great options, particularly the new Camaro (300hp 3.6L) or a used Infiniti G35 Track edition (~300hp, Brembo brakes).

The car Hyundai is trying to meet and exceed is the new Infinit G37 coupe. I heard an interview with Hyundai's product manager.

The car Hyundai is trying to meet and exceed is the new Infinit G37 coupe. I heard an interview with Hyundai's product manager.

IMO so long as they keep the price low, they can still succeed with it being 90% of the G37. Value is what it's about. I doubt they will swing a G37 buyer, but it's a nice goal to shoot for.

If what they do is please and create a following from those that would love to have a G37 but don't have the coin to spend or prefer a better value, then the next go round they will have an even better shot at climbing the ladder.

I can say in terms of minivans, their unit is by far better than the name reveals. We have a 07 Entourage SE with everything but leather and having had an 03 Honda Oddy, I can say I'm 110% sold.

I drove the 07 Oddy side by side and even brought the Hyundai to the Honda dealer and there's zero chance in hell any one here will justify a $9,600 difference in price.

The only thing the Honda guys could come up with that was substantial was resale. My response was absolutely agree. I sold my 03 Accord for $6k less than I paid for it 3yrs and 32k on the ODO later....but in terms of our van, I wanted my resale value difference that day. Not to mention the financing was 0% for 5yrs vs 3yrs on Honda. Saved me from stroking a check for the van.

Again, perhaps a few minor differences, but interior quality is 100% on par with Honda in terms of our van. I would love to bump the 3.8l in the van from it's 250hp to 300+ :) She moves pretty good now as it is for a van.

I'd drive the new Genesis Coupe in a heartbeat and not be conscious of the brand.

From being a service advisor for both Hyundai and Honda, Hyundai's got a long way to go.