What new car to get?

Trouble Maker

Thinking about a Honda Fit. It's got enough pick up, pretty nice inside, plenty of room for people, stuff (skis, bikes, camping gear, sleeping if need be), good price, good gas mileage, relatively fun to drive. Anyone have one, pros/cons? Think you could fit a bike in the back w/o taking the front wheel off? Any other suggestions?

I know it doesn't match what most people here would have as their first choice. I just want a new daily that works with my 'lifestyle', doesn't break the bank, and should be dead nuts reliable for a while.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not calling you gay or anything, but I could totally see you in one of those.

Whateva, whateva, I do what I want!

I have no idea why that came into my head.

Don't really get the 'gay' car thing, unless it's all purple or has rainbows on it....

They are actually pretty fun to drive and seem like they have a ton of 'options' for the price, and would work really well for me.

I'd rock a new Civic base model before a Fit. It just seems too small, even if not much different in dimensions than a Mini Cooper or a VW Rabbit (both of which I think are great "small" cars).

The Rabbit it MUCH bigger on the INSIDE than either the mini or the fit.

I would suggest the rabbit. 170hp I5, 5 speed manual, good mileage, fun to drive, HUGE on the inside, 2 or 4 doors, lots of options etc.

We were just looking at 4dr rabbits and they were around 12k with 15k miles on them, all had the CPO 6 year 74k btb and powertrain. 2dr versions are cheaper. I bought my NEW base 2dr rabbit 5 speed for 14700.

They are tops of their class. Wifes Rabbit:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/A4SHO/JesssNewRabbit019.jpg

The fit is tops in its class too however. The smaller cars such as the Versa, Yaris, Fit, etc.

The Rabbit it MUCH bigger on the INSIDE than either the mini or the fit.

I would suggest the rabbit. 170hp I5, 5 speed manual, good mileage, fun to drive, HUGE on the inside, 2 or 4 doors, lots of options etc.

We were just looking at 4dr rabbits and they were around 12k with 15k miles on them, all had the CPO 6 year 74k btb and powertrain. 2dr versions are cheaper. I bought my NEW base 2dr rabbit 5 speed for 14700.

They are tops of their class. Wifes Rabbit:

i%20hate%20it%20when%20people%20quote%20pics

The fit is tops in its class too however. The smaller cars such as the Versa, Yaris, Fit, etc.

nice... i looked at those a LOT. actually a little too big for what i needed lol

nice... i looked at those a LOT. actually a little too big for what i needed lol

They are very big on the inside. We both really liked the mini S, but I could not fit comfortably in the car, and the inside ergonomics made both of us want to punch BMW.

The Rabbit it MUCH bigger on the INSIDE than either the mini or the fit. .

I'd buy that - I've ridden in Rabbit and driven a GTI (all MKV) and they are great cars. I've never sat inside a Fit or Mini (sadly), so I can't really comment on "real" size inside and out. I even considered the MKV Rabbit for my DD before I found my MKIV Jetta.

Whateva, whateva, I do what I want!

I have no idea why that came into my head.

Don't really get the 'gay' car thing, unless it's all purple or has rainbows on it....

They are actually pretty fun to drive and seem like they have a ton of 'options' for the price, and would work really well for me.

Orly?

Cough VW cough Bug

They keep getting cheaper.

Saw a NEW one on AW for 65.... Used ones are in the 40's.

:bangbang:

I'm starting to think I want that S6 over the RS4. :eek:

I would swap out the A4 with an RS4, and the D2 S8 for the C6 S6. Of course if money was no option lol.

I REALLY want to get a C6 S6. They are BAD ASS. I much prefer them to the S8.

I would swap out the A4 with an RS4, and the D2 S8 for the C6 S6. Of course if money was no option lol.

I REALLY want to get a C6 S6. They are BAD ASS. I much prefer them to the S8.

S6+ Exhaust + Flash = Awesome.

Apr released a flash for the S6:

http://www.goapr.com/images/52fsi_dyno/52fsi_apr_vs_stock_93_crank.gif