Any Thoughts/Comments on vw Jetta GLI's???

Rustlestiltskin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats because you drive like a girl...........:D

LOL hardly, just trying to conserve gas from time to time:cool:

Random question' date=' but did you buy this car from a guy in Kent? I have a friend there who has this exact car and is also a detailer, just wondering if maybe he sold it.[/quote']

nope, from a guy in illinois. sorry man

Are you itching for mods already ?

A couple nice mods came w/ the car already. Just found out that an APR dealer is 10 min. from my apt so imma get an apr flash next week. they got a deal going on for a fully loaded chip for $499. thats over $1000 worth of stuff. Its going on til apr.10th. I'm getting the stock,91,93,and 100octane programs. after the chip im gonna finish up the exhaust since it already has a magnaflow catback on it by getting a 3in. catless dp. then go get it dyno'd at dynobrians dyno day in april. just in time to show u guys the car:cool:

Didn't realize you made your purchase. Nice.

See sig below bud

Thanks man. Picked it up in illinios last weekend. cant wait to put some quality go fast goodies on it. I mean it wont be quick enough to play with u guys:( but enough to put a smile on my face:p

whats all he got done to it that makes u appreciate it soo much?

Actually it's how little he did to it that made me appreciate it. As far as I know it was just a new chip, air intake, some diverter valve from an Audi (N75? don't remember) and maybe a manual boost controller. But with just a few tasteful mods it pulled much harder than stock and was still a nice, quiet daily driver. The lack of mods needed to make it fun is what really got me interested.

Yea I hear ya, the only things this car's got performance wise are a catback,diverter valve, and diesel geek short shift kit and just those lil touches makes this car alot more fun. I can't imagine how fun it will be w/ a chip and dp that i'll be getting very soon

I've gotta resist the chip for now... those funds need to go towards a timing belt change. :(

:( its unfortunate that you wont be taking advantage of this special. Its seriously one of those rare deals that come around every few years. you're getting over $1000 worth of stuff for $500. I'm pumped. its over april 10th so think about it man.

I think he has APR stg 2 with a DP.

APR claims 250/305 ish with just their 93 file, and DP adds a few of each. The + to the A4 is AWD, the - is weight. The GTI/GLI with comparable mods will be faster from a roll, but not be as much fun, or usable.

You guys all need to show up to some OhioVW meets sometime.

I think he has APR stg 2 with a DP.

APR claims 250/305 ish with just their 93 file, and DP adds a few of each. The + to the A4 is AWD, the - is weight. The GTI/GLI with comparable mods will be faster from a roll, but not be as much fun, or usable.

You guys all need to show up to some OhioVW meets sometime.

I put down 222awhp/ 292awtq @ IPS with my leaky PCV & Diverter. Do your own math depending on what you believe for drivetrain loss. APR likes to claim around 28% for AWD, which works out to be about 285/373 but I don't make any claims.

Would like to get out there again soon to see if that stuff helped at all.

Of course this is on a 2.0T. The 1.8T guys need a K04 to make similar numbers :p

EDIT: I Have a test-pipe and flash.

I'd like to, but the site doesn't help - I registered and emailed people, but never got my account activated. Kind of hard to be active.

Yeah, just gotta keep trying.. it's a PITA for sure.

If you just show up to a OhioVW meet on one of the thursdays they have them you can just talk to Nick and he'll take care of it on the spot though.

I put down 222awhp/ 292awtq @ IPS with my leaky PCV & Diverter. Do your own math depending on what you believe for drivetrain loss. APR likes to claim around 28% for AWD, which works out to be about 285/373 but I don't make any claims.

Would like to get out there again soon to see if that stuff helped at all.

Of course this is on a 2.0T. The 1.8T guys need a K04 to make similar numbers :p

EDIT: I Have a test-pipe and flash.

Your tq is def healthy for having AWD loss. APR stated that they tend to be more conservative on their driveline loss so that everyone can make their claimed power levels in the real world. I use 25% for Quattro manuals.

Indeed the 1.8T takes a SUPPORTED K04 to make that kind of power.

The PCV is supposed to be good for 1-2psi of boost, and the DV helps with holding the boost longer. You should be posting up some great numbers with your new setup.

I'd like to, but the site doesn't help - I registered and emailed people, but never got my account activated. Kind of hard to be active.

Yeah, it took me about 2 weeks to get activated. I can try to PM you on here when they are having their meets if you want, until you get activated.

I've gotta resist the chip for now... those funds need to go towards a timing belt change. :(

Are you doing your own T-belt change? If not shoot me PM and I'll give you my contact that will save you some $$$ when you get around to doing it. He did my car the first time and I'm getting ready to have him do it again as it's nearly due for another one.

Are you doing your own T-belt change? If not shoot me PM and I'll give you my contact that will save you some $$$ when you get around to doing it. He did my car the first time and I'm getting ready to have him do it again as it's nearly due for another one.

How often are you doing your changes? 75k seems to be the accepted real world mileage for doing the belt.