Time for a new car.

Skinner

OK in the next month or 2 I am getting ride of the 3 and looking for a bigger replacement.

Requirements.

First and foremost the car MUST have 3 shoulder strap seatbeats and be able to hold 3 booster seats in the rear.

Second looking to send no more then 10k.

Also would like to find something with lower miles

Aside from that I'm pretty open to options.

Things I have looked at so far that I like.

Jeep Liberty, Ford Escape and explore/sport trac.

help me out. Open to any ideas.

You are going to be streching it to fit 3 booster seats in the back of a Liberty or Escape. They really are not that big in the back seats. You are going to have to go up in size of SUv's for that. A Grand Cherokee will do it and a Exploder should too. A TB should work as well. I picked up my 01 Grand Cherokee a couple weeks back with 111K for $5500.

You are going to be streching it to fit 3 booster seats in the back of a Liberty or Escape. They really are not that big in the back seats. You are going to have to go up in size of SUv's for that. A Grand Cherokee will do it and a Exploder should too. A TB should work as well. I picked up my 01 Grand Cherokee a couple weeks back with 111K for $5500.

are there any issues with GC's.

Are you against a Mini Van? Because to get 3 Booster Seats in a Back Seat, that might be necessary.

The Escape would be to small, IMO (the Misses has one).

KillJoy

PS - Get a Turbo Mini Van ;)

already have a van and DO NOT want another one. Wife drives the van and just need something that they can fit in for stuff around town. The Van will still be the Primary hauler for trips and what not.

OT.. Do you have any new pics of the boys? Last time I saw them they were just starting to walk and were incredibly cute. :)

Triple bitches, yeah they just turned 3 :eek: freakin time flys when you have children. Will have to pull them off the camera.

i have an 02 explorer other than routine fixes, it has been wonderful, drove it from Louisiana (1,100 miles) in 14 hours. I have the XLT with 3rd row seating easilt fit 3 boosters. I picked mine up for 14k 3 years ago in Georgia with no rust and perfect underbody. GL to you my folks have been looking for a good deal on a Trailblazer for a couple months now, but they are selling like crazy.

are there any issues with GC's.

Pretty solid vehicles. The older ones (93-98) had the common Chrysler transmission problems. The newer ones don't as long as you take care of them. I would suggest looking for one with the 4.0L I6. It is a very bullet proof engine and know to go well pass 300k. Newer ones have the 3.7L V6, which also seems to be a pretty good engine. There are V8 models as well. I would also suggest looking for ones with the selectable 4x4, so you can drive in 2wd until you would need it, plus they get much better mpg.

Only down side is it doesn't have a 3rd row seating option that some others do in the same class.

I love mine, it is my 3rd Jeep, and 2nd Grand Cherokee. As long as you keep up with the maintenance, you won't have any issues.

Pretty solid vehicles. The older ones (93-98) had the common Chrysler transmission problems. The newer ones don't as long as you take care of them. I would suggest looking for one with the 4.0L I6. It is a very bullet proof engine and know to go well pass 300k. Newer ones have the 3.7L V6, which also seems to be a pretty good engine. There are V8 models as well. I would also suggest looking for ones with the selectable 4x4, so you can drive in 2wd until you would need it, plus they get much better mpg.

Only down side is it doesn't have a 3rd row seating option that some others do in the same class.

I love mine, it is my 3rd Jeep, and 2nd Grand Cherokee. As long as you keep up with the maintenance, you won't have any issues.

thanks for the info but from the looks of it they don't have the 3rd shoulder strap belt.

Although I did find a lower mileage Vue redline for $8600. May have to go look at it this weekend.

thanks for the info but from the looks of it they don't have the 3rd shoulder strap belt.

Although I did find a lower mileage Vue redline for $8600. May have to go look at it this weekend.

Ive driven those,im a big guy and i was comfy,it was quick for what it was too.

Ive driven those' date='im a big guy and i was comfy,it was quick for what it was too.[/quote']

I have driven the non redline versions back when I worked for Saturn Southeast. They were nice cars and rode well.

The awd vue redline had transmission problems, but should be a decent car.

I have heard that the GC have quite a few problems. A/C and heaters, transmissions, differentials. I did a bunch of research on the pre 05 body style and crossed it off of the list because of my research. Many owners said they are very expensive if they break, and the forums didn't paint a flattering picture, such as the problems mentioned above.

I would def try to find a nice TB.

The awd vue redline had transmission problems, but should be a decent car.

It did I must have missed that TSB? B/C I've worked at Saturn for over 3 years and never once seen a problem with a VUE trans that wasn't a VTI. Now if you were looking at a VTI VUE, I would tell you to look else where, but if it has a 3.5L(which all Redlines do) in it you're golden, bulletproof motors and trans. They did have some rear diff problems, but it's not super common at all.

What day are you looking at it and what part of town? If it was on the westside I could possibily accompany you.

It did I must have missed that TSB? B/C I've worked at Saturn for over 3 years and never once seen a problem with a VUE trans that wasn't a VTI. Now if you were looking at a VTI VUE, I would tell you to look else where, but if it has a 3.5L(which all Redlines do) in it you're golden, bulletproof motors and trans. They did have some rear diff problems, but it's not super common at all.

What day are you looking at it and what part of town? If it was on the westside I could possibily accompany you.

its north east side

its north east side

Well I have my son pretty much full time, but like I said in the PM suspension wise is really the only common problems with them. Just drive it over some rougher road and listen for creaking or rattling noises. Those are about the only super common problems that the VUE's have.

Trailblazers are really nice to work on IMO, they seem to hold up very well, we have several customers in the 160K plus range with them and they are holding up pretty darn well. Not saying you would keep one that long, but it's worth mentioning.

It appears the Grand Cherokee is out based on responses so I won't comment.

I have no idea on the seat belts, but have you looked at a Tahoe (kinda big) or the Toyota Highlander? I really like the Highlanders, awesome motors, Lexus and Toyota use them in everything. I would recommend the Acura MDX, but I personally don't like the way they drive/ride.

Trailblazers are really nice to work on IMO, they seem to hold up very well, we have several customers in the 160K plus range with them and they are holding up pretty darn well. Not saying you would keep one that long, but it's worth mentioning.

It appears the Grand Cherokee is out based on responses so I won't comment.

I have no idea on the seat belts, but have you looked at a Tahoe (kinda big) or the Toyota Highlander? I really like the Highlanders, awesome motors, Lexus and Toyota use them in everything. I would recommend the Acura MDX, but I personally don't like the way they drive/ride.

Tahoe is too big. After talking with the Wife about it she wants to get a small SUV ( escape) but I think it might be a bit too cramped from them heck in it the Vue it might be a bit tight. But I like the style/look of the RL. Will have to take it for a test drive and go from there.