Insurance claim question....

Total Sign

Has anyone ever had an at fault insurance company try to pro-rate the repairs needed to get your vehicle to the condition it was in before an accident?

Have a small insurance company trying to give me ~60 percent of the repair bill, claiming the parts on my truck were not brand new, why should they have to pay for brand new parts? They want me to have to find them on my own time.

Not trying to abuse the system, but they have admitted fault, and the other driver was cited.

Is that even close to normal?

My attorney said file suit against the other driver, my insurance agent fell off of his chair laughing when I told him their deal.

Sounds like they are trying to get you to settle for less then they should be paying.

Play hard ball and make them make your car whole again.

Also, no car has "new" parts on it by the time it gets to the dealer lot if you think about it. The motor has been started and therefore "used"

need more details. I am assuming you got an estimate from a dealer that qouted you all new parts? and the ins comp wrote an est with used and aftermarket? if thats the case, you had used parts on your car before it was crashed you can deal with used parts now. a/m are just as good as oem (in most cases) and you will NEVER know the difference. if the ins wrote an est to return you veh to its pre loss cond I would take their word for it. post more details, I will be glad to answer any quesions you have.

need more details. I am assuming you got an estimate from a dealer that qouted you all new parts? and the ins comp wrote an est with used and aftermarket? if thats the case, you had used parts on your car before it was crashed you can deal with used parts now. a/m are just as good as oem (in most cases) and you will NEVER know the difference. if the ins wrote an est to return you veh to its pre loss cond I would take their word for it. post more details, I will be glad to answer any quesions you have.

My estimate was for aftermarket parts from a standard body shop, not a dealer. This estimate came out to ~1180.

My normal body shop said they would not do the work for $1200.

Their estimate (by some appraisal company that no body shop I have been to has ever heard of)includes a $40.00/hr labor rate, and aftermarket parts (their list price is less than my estimate) that have been depreciated. They told me go ahead with scheduling repairs, drop it off, and cover the difference. The total was $735.

I also have already paid over $200 to get the thing drivable.

I want all money in my hand before it is dropped off so that I am the one in control. I don't have to wait for the insurance check to clear the body shop, don't have to play games with anyone.

Although it is legal, how often do people charge insurance companies for their time? I mean I have 7 hours into this now, they will quickly owe me more for time than for the repairs.

a/m are just as good as oem (in most cases) and you will NEVER know the difference.

In most cases, they are not as good as OEM. The fit although better than years back is never quite the same. Yes, the average person might never be able to tell but it bugs the crap out of me. Headlights tend to fade quicker and I have had problems with aftermarket hoods wanting to rust on the seems under the front edge as little as a year after putting them on. Don't get me wrong I use a lot of aftermarket parts they have there place. But I have had problems throughout the years, bumpers peeling (primer from the factory peeling from the cover) lights fading and rust. However, I will say I have never had any problems with a/m radiators and condensors.

Stay away from any reconditioned bumpers I tried one on my wifes equinox and it took me 3 to get one that was useable then 2months down the road the bondo they used to recondition it started falling out.

Personal Service insurance co.

Girls parents live in Cincy, she was coming home from BG.

I stopped on 23 in traffic, she was behind me and didn't stop, hit me at 40-45mph.

40-45mph and you got $1200 in damage? you're lucky

guy pulled out infront of me while i was doing 40-45 (he was cited), totalled my car, his car, and ive got about $9k in medical bills, a bulging disc in my back, and still in moderate pain daily

Has anyone ever had an at fault insurance company try to pro-rate the repairs needed to get your vehicle to the condition it was in before an accident?

Call me today at the shop and I will walk you through what to do from here :)

Jeff

My estimate was for aftermarket parts from a standard body shop, not a dealer. This estimate came out to ~1180.

My normal body shop said they would not do the work for $1200.

Their estimate (by some appraisal company that no body shop I have been to has ever heard of)includes a $40.00/hr labor rate, and aftermarket parts (their list price is less than my estimate) that have been depreciated. They told me go ahead with scheduling repairs, drop it off, and cover the difference. The total was $735.

I also have already paid over $200 to get the thing drivable.

I want all money in my hand before it is dropped off so that I am the one in control. I don't have to wait for the insurance check to clear the body shop, don't have to play games with anyone.

Although it is legal, how often do people charge insurance companies for their time? I mean I have 7 hours into this now, they will quickly owe me more for time than for the repairs.

well your first problem is taking the money yourself. have the ins co work with the bodyshop not you. you should have NO out of pocket expense. tell the ins what shop you want to use and tell them to fix everything and work with the bs to get that done. as long as you trust the bs to do good work there shouldn't be a problem. $40/hr does seem low, I think we pay 42 or 44. And I highly doubt you will get paid for your time, unless you present an inj claim. then you can consider that pain and suffering. I have never heard of that company but it seems they do thing out of the norm. and unless you seriously inj getting an atty is wasting a 1/3 of your payout. it does sounds like they are trying to jerk you around, speak with a supervisor and simply tell them to repair your veh to its preloss condition.