Got the GLI chipped yesterday (review)

Rustlestiltskin

I just can't wait to see the diference when I fill my tank up with 100octane and run the 100oct. race map. :D

Hate to break it to ya not much difrence not worth the money your gonna spend on the gas....

But the mod is cheap and effective.

do you guys have valet mode?..

My giac did and it only let the car run 4-5 lbs of boost.:cool:

Sounds like a good bump in power for the money spent! :thumbup: A friend of mine in FL had his company car A4 2.0T done and absolutely can't believe the difference it made for his car.

Does VW limit boost in 1st or 2nd? I know Mazda has the MS3 limited in the first two gears to help control torque steer and spin. I couldn't imagine not having it restricted either as like you noted, lack of traction is the issue.

Sounds like a good bump in power for the money spent! :thumbup: A friend of mine in FL had his company car A4 2.0T done and absolutely can't believe the difference it made for his car.

Does VW limit boost in 1st or 2nd? I know Mazda has the MS3 limited in the first two gears to help control torque steer and spin. I couldn't imagine not having it restricted either as like you noted, lack of traction is the issue.

Nope, it's not easy trying to cut a decent 60ft.

Here's a pic of it in my car.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/driversideinterior.jpg

And thats not a stain on the driver seat lol. I had wet hands from washing it and the water left a few fingerprints.

Notice the euroheadlight switch too :)

I'm going to get some high res. shots of the car up soon once I get a nice cam. what camera do you use for ur pic taking?

Nice. im getting apr software for my s4. Glad you like it I also had my boost gauge mounted in the same place you do in my a4.

As Shanton said, and what I use to previously run was the GIAC X+ software, I think it produced a bit more horsepower but on the other end I think drivability as far as smoothness went was a little sacrificed unlike the apr chip. my 2 cents...