natedogg624

OSU closed?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. OSU closed?

• yes
    • no

posted as closed on channel 10 website

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/weather/closings.html

now why isn't Columbus State listed as closed????

Columbus State usually announces just after OSU, as do most of the other colleges (CCAD, Franklin, Denison, etc). I'm waiting on the official word then cracking a beer.

Seems to me this happened once where I waited in the morning, and gave up and went to CSCC, and I was the only one there... Six inches of snow on the campus, no tire tracks, nobody showed up, they didn't close it till I was on the road, so I did some 4wd donuts and went home.

But this time it looks like a quarter inch of ice. That's not the same. It's raining here...

Seems to me this happened once where I waited in the morning, and gave up and went to CSCC, and I was the only one there... Six inches of snow on the campus, no tire tracks, nobody showed up, they didn't close it till I was on the road, so I did some 4wd donuts and went home.

But this time it looks like a quarter inch of ice. That's not the same. It's raining here...

Freezing rain or just rain? We have freezing rain now. It was ice, but it switched. Pickerington is just a giant ice skating rink. It's freaking awesome out.

Freezing rain or just rain? We have freezing rain now. It was ice, but it switched. Pickerington is just a giant ice skating rink. It's freaking awesome out.

Yes, mixed, but right on the edge of freezing. Where the rain make a clinking sound when it hits and freezes on the ground. Nasty. Ice driving is not for beginners, it's risky with good chances of running off the road for even experienced drivers. No way do I want to chip ice in the morning. I see big icicles forming up on all the vehicles outside.

I'm also surprised Franklin County hasn't done a level warning yet, nothing. Not even a level one, and it looks like a level two to me. Weird.

I wish I didn't have to go to work. Snow doesn't stop the RR

I was stuck in a storm where the only vehicles moving was the railroad. They were picking up people and taking them to the hospital. Until the National Guard got there with APCs, tracked vehicles. It was beyond a level three, they declared martial law. It was deadly to go outside, a few people tried walking places when their power went out, and froze to death.