mac lovers...ipod touch, what do i need?

i know there are a ton of apple fans here. i just got a ipod touch, as a kick ass birthday present, what apps are you guys using, what are the first things i need to get?

okthxbye.

tom

Dynolicious is a cool app. It uses the accelerometers built into the touch to work similar to a gtech, but from what I've heard, more accurate. Its $12.95

I want Dynolicious for my BB Storm. I would be willing to pay for it.

Yeah, I have Dynolicious on my Iphone. It is very accurate, good buy for the money. It gives you all kinds of info, from distance times, 60ft, 1/8mi, 1/4mi, 0-20,40,60,80,100 times. You can also print out dyno graphs.

My buddy drew wanted to see what his stock civic would put at the wheels.

About 102-ish to the wheels. Sounds right to me.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/sredman09/Cr/IMG_0036.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'll bite.

USA today is probably one of my favorite "news apps", just to stay on top of the most popular stories going on. If you're a GMail fan and you want the most intuitive GMail usability go for AppGmail, give you a web browser without any bars, just useful GMail tools. The Weather Channel app is great for staying up to date on the radar.

The Google app is pretty fantastic, it provides a wide variety of Google stuff, like voice search, access to docs, calendar, talk, and google reader. For RSS feeds, I use NetNewsWire.

Now, the most important part.....games. Super Monkey Ball, can be fun and has great graphics. I don't regret the purchase.....but I wouldn't be sad to lose it. Waterslide(free) is somewhat fun, although I just recently got it. Zippo(free) is neat for all of your pals to see. Paper Toss(free) is a DAMN good game. Flight Control(0.99) is the best $1 you'll spend. Phase 10, my wife loves this game.

Ken just reminded me of something cool I saw. We went to the Parade of Homes this weekend and there is a company that has total home automation from within the iPhone. It allows for changes to the thermostat, music, lighting, garage door, door locks, blinds, outdoor/landscape lighting, ceiling fans, and he said applicances. It also allowed for multiple properties. It was pretty impressive.

Some cool apps I use.

Pandora

Iheartradio

Google

Zombie Attack free - fun little zombie shooting game

Weather Channel

Apple TexasHoldem - awesome game with automation

Tiger Woods PGA Tour - a blast if you like the console version

Fandango - find all of your movie show times - very useful

FML app

Ken just reminded me of something cool I saw. We went to the Parade of Homes this weekend and there is a company that has total home automation from within the iPhone. It allows for changes to the thermostat, music, lighting, garage door, door locks, blinds, outdoor/landscape lighting, ceiling fans, and he said applicances. It also allowed for multiple properties. It was pretty impressive.

I was there on Sunday. It was the Romanelli&Hughes House. They used Control4. Progressive Audio uses a more advanced product called AMX that allows us to do the same with customized Cribs style layouts, different for each client.

I have no idea what this thread has to do with Mac lovers, I have an iPhone and don't have a Mac.....

Dynolicious is worth every cent. Its very accurate (as has been proven time and time again), and gives you all sorts of different stats.

Myst for iPhone is a direct port of the original Myst, very intuitive to play with a finger, and after I bought it I couldn't put it down.

TweetDeck if you use twitter is a great app. It uses columns to organize everyone's tweets.

PaperToss is a fun game.

Wolfenstein3D is tons of fun, direct port of the original, but maybe slightly sharper sprites.

Skype for iPhone is exactly what it sounds like, comes in handy if you use Skype regularly.

Pandora Internet Radio is the one I use the most during the day at work.

You can also jailbreak it and have access to a whole world of Apps that, for one reason or another, were not allowed on the app store. The one I get the most use out of is Flashlight, which used to be on the app store, but got taken down because it hacked the brightness of the phone so that it would put out more light. Super handy.