anyone know how to fix a washing machine?

evan9381

this weekend while moving to the house, my brother was hell bent on using the stupid dolly to move the washer and dryer, when i said "we can both just pick it up"

well, like a retard, he goes down the steps first, instead of letting the washer go down with someone below it. because of this, the first 5-6 steps, before i heard all the noise and came running out, the washer just slammed onto the next step.

"oh, its fine. you just hear the washer hitting the dolly". him and my mom both say this. i tell them something is going to break, and i lift it the final 10 steps to keep it from slamming

fast forward to tonight. i need to wash some clothes for tomorrow, load the washer, go upstairs to hang some blinds, and i hear the washer like its got too many clothes to one side and being off balance, but WAY worse. go down, and something is definitely broken

any ideas of what i can look for? im half tempted to go up to my brothers apartment now and rip him a new asshole and take the keys to his car thats in my name, and let him walk his *** to work. the washer was fine up until it got slammed down 5-6 steps.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/th_0331090019a.jpg

Tip it over and take a peek; if it was shaking wildly like it sounds, the tub or maybe the counterweight are off due to the fall. The counterweight is usually attached at the bottom of the tub, when you tip it under to look. There's a longer spring that attaches to it; if there isn't, well, there's supposed to be, so the fall may have disconnected them.

Top mount? Just tip it toward the back and set it back down. Check the level and it should be good. If it is level and still acting up, look at the agitator and see if it is off center. If that isn't it, you are going to need to see if the motor/transmission are wacky.

think i may have gotten it. tipped it over, it looks like on the bottom of the bowl theres plastic tabs then a triangle-ish frame that looks like it needs to sit inside of those tabs, and it was way off. i put it into what looked like a correct position, tipped it back up, and put it on spin cycle, (nothing in it), and it seemed to spin freely and without the wobble. ive got some clothes in it now, hopefully itll run fine now and i wont have to deal with it agian

still going to give my brother a swift kick in the ass for making me waste over an hour fixing this

I had to replace the triangle thing because it cracked or was stripped out. Look for rubber or plastic shavings. The part only cost like $15, I think. The only issue was getting the washer panals back in line without another set of hands to help.