02 mustang gt front rotors

xTHExBOSSx46

im doing the breaks and rotors on my mustang. the back install went fine. i got everything disassembled on the front and now i cant get the rotors off. they are stuck. i have used penatrating oil and then beat the hell out of it and cant get it off......thats what she said ;) . so im wandering if there is a trick im missing or if anyone has any other ideas to get this rotor off. im bout to just take it to monroe cause they can do it $25 a wheel with my parts but i would rather not pay someone to do something i should be able to do myself. any help would be amazing.

Guest Removed
Ford expeditions and f-150's were notorious for this. I have beat on rotors so hard that they came off in pieces. Keep swinging away

those are the worst.. i heat the hat real good.

rotors sit so close to the hubs flange they seize on with rust :o

Guest Removed
Worst I ever had was a 3000gt. The rotor split in half before it came off.

i have had to split many..:o

worst is the rx7 5 lugs...madza pickups and so on

i have had to split many..:o

worst is the rx7 5 lugs...madza pickups and so on

Yeah, this one was different. Hard to explain, it was tiring.

I took many a smoke break during that job.

OEM Mazda rotors have a 10mm threaded hole in them - stick a bolt in and tighten and the rotor pops off. Why don't more OEMs do that?

Ever stripped the bolt or the hole?

I did a brake job on a sentra or some POS like that last summer.....one of the rotors kicked my ass from start to finish. I've never had to beat one off that much. I've had to beat them off but this thing was special. I had a small sledge beating the piss out of that thing. When it finally did come off I felt like mounting it on the wall somewhere. I didn't think I was ever going to get it. I knew I was in trouble on that car when I pulled one of the calipers off and the inside pad was gone..... I don't mean gone as in "wore all the way down". I mean gone as in missing. The piston itself was what was stopping the car. This chick hauled her kids around in that car.

Anyhow, just soak it with PB Blaster, put a good "beat the shit out of something" song on the radio, pick up your favorite BFH, and fire away. It'll come off eventually.

Guest Removed
OEM Mazda rotors have a 10mm threaded hole in them - stick a bolt in and tighten and the rotor pops off. Why don't more OEMs do that?

im not talking about the floating rotors. :gtfo: