AutoX School

Dr. Apex

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the one.

I have a couple quick noob questions for tomorrow.

1. Is anyone bringing an air pump to fill up their tires? Wondering if I should do it here in town or wait until I get out there.

2. Are we allowed to wear shorts, or do we have to wear pants? Looked around and didn't find an answer on OVR.

3. We do not need to bring tape/shoe polish for numbers since this is the school day, correct?

I say fill up ahead of time, people have tanks usually but don't count on it. Fill the tires to the max, you can always let air out later.

Shorts are fine, just no bare feet or anything. Hell I believe sandals are allowed.

No tape or numbers needed, instructors will help students keep track of their times as no other timing and scoring will be done.

While I can make no solid promise on anything, "Doc" on here had signed up to go and can't now, he is offering his spot to any member here for no cost. Just show up and you can take his spot but I can't gaurantee registraion will allow this though, still might be worth a shot.

See you guys in the morning!!!

(412)95-2295 <-- missing a #?

I will be there around 7:15

614 282 4685 -- Ryan

Sorry about that. I'll send you a text message in a few minutes.

I say fill up ahead of time, people have tanks usually but don't count on it. Fill the tires to the max, you can always let air out later.

Shorts are fine, just no bare feet or anything. Hell I believe sandals are allowed.

No tape or numbers needed, instructors will help students keep track of their times as no other timing and scoring will be done.

While I can make no solid promise on anything, "Doc" on here had signed up to go and can't now, he is offering his spot to any member here for no cost. Just show up and you can take his spot but I can't gaurantee registraion will allow this though, still might be worth a shot.

See you guys in the morning!!!

Thanks for the answers.

Good time today!! I'm fried despite 2 layers of sunblock!! It was nice to finally get the Mustang out for a couple laps, it's a boat but I'll be working on the suspension with time.

Coty amd Adam, I hope I was able to help you guys enough today. Sometimes it's hard to tell how much I'm really helping but it seemed like you both were getting quicker all day long.

It was good to see so many CR people out there, sorry I didn't get to meet a couple of you but I'm sure some of you are hooked enough now to come back again!!

Coty amd Adam, I hope I was able to help you guys enough today. Sometimes it's hard to tell how much I'm really helping but it seemed like you both were getting quicker all day long.

Of course you helped. I dropped 6 freaking seconds off instantly after taking your advice.

Yeah, Ben, your advice really did help. Those were the best runs I've had so far and I actually surprised myself with my improvement.

It was nice meeting you, Adam, and all the other people I talked to.

Just curious, what times were you running?

I forgot my calves as well, they're on fire right now!!

Anthony, no need to make excuses!!:D

That was a tough course, but it will pay dividens in the future as you guys now know how to take a slow corner which imo is one of the toughest things to do!! It wasn't really any better for RWD as my rear end just wanted to hop around and I couldn't use any of my power at all in the 2nd half of the course.

Ashley, you were really moving out there. It's amazing with the few events you have to see how your confidence has gone way up and your really starting to throw that tank around!!!

The 180's that were single pivot cones were hell. The sections connecting them were at the top of 1st / bottom of 2nd gear for me and I didn't get it right during any the 3 runs I took.

Nick, it was nice to meet you. Give me a call any time.

Thanks to all the CR folks that came out. Hope you had a good time!

Rich

(ST #81)

Just curious, what times were you running?

49.3 was my best, but my last run felt like it could have been better but the damn timing system was messing up and didn't give an accurate time.

I was meaning to find you and introduce myself. I'm curious what your job is in the automotive journalism field.

Not sure how I managed to miss this thread until now. Had a great time yesterday, and I think it's safe to say we got enough runs for our money :thumbup: My new setup and tires felt worlds better than what I was running last year.

Sorry about those 180's on you fwd guys, I just threw it in 1st and away I went :cool: Seriously though, that was a great course to practice on. Just one of those turns will ruin an entire event for a heavy fwd guy. Now you'll know exactly what to do.

Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you new guys, I didn't really know who was going to be there (going back to me missing this thread, haha).

Oh, and I want to apologize to the people who ran first/worked second. My first few runs I mowed a whole lot of cones.

The 180's that were single pivot cones were hell. The sections connecting them were at the top of 1st / bottom of 2nd gear for me and I didn't get it right during any the 3 runs I took.

Nick, it was nice to meet you. Give me a call any time.

Thanks to all the CR folks that came out. Hope you had a good time!

Rich

(ST #81)

I didn't know you were on here. Thanks again for taking time out yesterday to help me out. I had a blast and learned a lot. I'll shoot you a message in June when I can make a race, maybe walk the track and get a few rides if that's alright with you.

49.3 was my best, but my last run felt like it could have been better but the damn timing system was messing up and didn't give an accurate time.

I was meaning to find you and introduce myself. I'm curious what your job is in the automotive journalism field.

Nice times.

I write for Automoblog. Our site covers a lot of things that aren't considered mainstream, and mixed in there is your typical news and auto reviews. I handle most of the car reviews and new car news. Almost brought my Volvo C30 press car to run, but Volvo wouldn't allow it. :lol:

*EDIT*

Forgot to mention I'll be traveling to Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI for a two-day romp on the track with all the 2010 cars from various manufacturers on the 28th.

Edited by Fiji ST