AutoX School

Dr. Apex

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a tough course, but it will pay dividens in the future as you guys now know how to take a slow corner which imo is one of the toughest things to do!! It wasn't really any better for RWD as my rear end just wanted to hop around and I couldn't use any of my power at all in the 2nd half of the course.

Ashley, you were really moving out there. It's amazing with the few events you have to see how your confidence has gone way up and your really starting to throw that tank around!!!

The tight hairpin sections at the end were very hard for my big tank car. AJ tells everyone that I am the opposite of a newbie because usually they are afraid to gas it... whereas I am afraid to brake! HA!

Right now they only have the Test N Tune event up but once they post the pictures they'll show up here:

http://gallery.ovr-scca.org/?Dir=%2FAutocross/2009

Thanks.

no biggie.. I was in the red chevy "SSLOW" car.. :)

I was parked right behind you. Should've came over and introduced yourself. Clean car too.

Oh, does anyone know when or where I would be able to find the pictures from the guy taking pictures yesterday?

It takes me until about Tuesday to get the photos up. I don't have the equipment or T-1 line at home.

They will be on the OVR site. I'll add a link here when they are up.

Mike

I write for Automoblog. Our site covers a lot of things that aren't considered mainstream, and mixed in there is your typical news and auto reviews. I handle most of the car reviews and new car news. Almost brought my Volvo C30 press car to run, but Volvo wouldn't allow it. :lol:

*EDIT*

Forgot to mention I'll be traveling to Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI for a two-day romp on the track with all the 2010 cars from various manufacturers on the 28th.

Sweet, sounds like a dream job for most people on here.

I was coming back from getting a bite in the Supra when I saw a Mini that I recognize from here go the other way. I could only assume that it was going to this.

Glad to hear everything went well, will have to make it to one sometime this year.

It takes me until about Tuesday to get the photos up. I don't have the equipment or T-1 line at home.

Mike

Mike if you ever need help with uploading stuff or whatever just let me know and I'll give you a helping hand!

Mike

Sounds good. Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see them.

Sweet, sounds like a dream job for most people on here.

So far, it's been fun. Took me over a year to get where I am today in regards of working with various manufacturers. It's the only thing I've wanted to do since I was 14.

I hate you!!!:D

No love?? :lol:

First,

I apologize, the photos have a blue cast to them. The camera was borrowed and I did not see that it was white balanced for indoor lighting.

Come out to another event and run in a group other than mine and I'll get a photo with the correct white balance.

Now,

Here's the link:

http://gallery.ovr-scca.org/?Dir=%2FAutocross/2009

Mike

Mike if you ever need help with uploading stuff or whatever just let me know and I'll give you a helping hand!

Ashley,

Thanks for the offer.

You were really getting that "V" around that very tight course. Well done.

Mike