Open carry in Milwaukee not likely

87GT

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/43347632.html?bunfingers

Law officers preparing

Meanwhile, some law enforcement officials are preparing to face more open-carry situations, and some are clear the memo won't change their approach.

Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn said he'll continue to tell officers they can't assume people are carrying guns legally in a city that has seen nearly 200 homicides in the past two years.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it," Flynn said. "Maybe I'll end up with a protest of cowboys. In the meantime, I've got serious offenders with access to handguns. It's irresponsible to send a message to them that if they just carry it openly no one can bother them."

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it," Flynn said. "Maybe I'll end up with a protest of cowboys. In the meantime, I've got serious offenders with access to handguns. It's irresponsible to send a message to them that if they just carry it openly no one can bother them."

Guilty until proven innocent. I love it. :mad:

Guilty until proven innocent. I love it. :mad:

Amen. Gotta love their approach to this. I'd be more worried with a CCW type situation, for the fact you won't know someone is carrying. Atleast with open carry, you can see what you're facing. If he really thinks the whole "put em to the ground" approach will work, I can't wait to see the law suits stem from it.

Correct. Open carry is perfectly legal in Ohio, no permit required.

There are a lot of precaution most guys use though, like carrying a copy of the law around and a voice recorder if they are stopped. This is only legal if you are out and about, you still cannot transport the loaded firearm in your vehicle, you'd need a CCW for that (which I take my classes Saturday for:D).

Go 2 in my truck :)

Son of a bitch, took ya this long to say it!

Is it sad that I think this would be a cool idea for an open carry "protest"? Get a bunch of guys in the same area walking around with slung "assault weapons".