My car is Broke and I dont know why.... HELP

Rhett

OK,

So I am driving the other day and then I felt like I was loosing power in the upper RPMs... But now it is all across the RPM band. So I have no Idea what is going on.... at first I thought it may have been the clutch starting to slip. But know I don't know. No codes being thrown So i have a few Ideas of what it may be.

1. Maybe the fuel pump is going bad... struggling sometime but fine normally

2. The rear end, Looks like it was leaking a little at the bottom of the seal.

(Have not changed it yet)

3.Transmission low on fluid. Looks like a little leakage around the seal. (But then no code, dont know if there would be one)

I will be at QS&L tonight 4/24 to chill, If any body can drive it and let me know what you think it may be call me 614.205.9757

thanks

-Rhett

compression check? it burning oil? you wouldn't feel a loss of power if it was a trans or rear, it would have just broken more than likely. if your clutch was slipping you would know it, your rpms would keep climbing and you wouldn't be going anywhere... i would look to the engine first!

codes aren't always going to be able to help you out if you toasted a ring... good luck man.

edit also your correct it could be a pump dieing out on you. have it tested.... check volume and pressure if you can get a coda or something to measure it with or take it to someone to have it done.

No oil burning, no rough idol or anything like that... normal but just looses power and feels "sluggish" I thought it may have been bad gas so I used the Lucas engine treatment and ran that through... but still the same thing...

No oil burning, no rough idol or anything like that... normal but just looses power and feels "sluggish" I thought it may have been bad gas so I used the Lucas engine treatment and ran that through... but still the same thing...

Rhett,

We should probably get it on the dyno and do a couple pulls and let me do some scans on the car. Should be able to either pinpoint the problem or have a starting point on where to look within 1 pull.

I noticed my 00gt was considerbly slower when I ran the AC and/or when it was hot out. It never ran the same as the nice cool nights or mornings as it did when it was 75 and sunny. Just an fyi, probably not it, but some people forget that.

And my .02 about fuel pumps, when mine was going out, the only time it worked correctly was under full throttle, I.E. hard acceleration, it continued to get worse if I daily drove it normal, but would still be fine if floored, make sense?

Guest Removed
Test fuel pressure and flow would be the first steps. scanning the ecu is a good idea, the data can lead you to clogged exhaust or a lack of fuel and so on.