Anyone Look Up Family History?

scheetz31

I know there are tons of sites online for this, but it cost money...and im a little sketchy on whether the info would be legit or not.

Has anyone ever had to look up family history, to complete a family tree or what not?

If so, What did you do?

No idea how, but my grandpa has our lineage traced back to the first king of Scotland. You can find some pretty cool info if you know how to research it. Start with googling your family name. You may find some work already done for you. Of in my case, my family knows our Scottish clan name, so I am able to do more research based on that name. Just something to consider. I wish I could be more help.

Its hard to find stuff for free, but you can do it. You have to check the free gov stuff, and its not online a lot, like social security, or military duty, or immigration records. Its all out there somewhere.

Theres always some crazy shit you find when you look this stuff up. I traced my dads family back to like 900 A.d.

No idea how, but my grandpa has our lineage traced back to the first king of Scotland. You can find some pretty cool info if you know how to research it. Start with googling your family name. You may find some work already done for you. Of in my case, my family knows our Scottish clan name, so I am able to do more research based on that name. Just something to consider. I wish I could be more help.

Did you just say your a member of the scottish clan?